Feature Request: Enhancing Workflow

While waiting until the rendered Shapes are exported :rolleyes:
here are those little things that would speed up the work in mocha:

Why do I always have to chose the kind of bitmap format, everytime I want to export a shape? Since you barely change a chosen format in a project, it would be much better to remember the once chosen format.

Furthermore, when already given a name to a layer in the Layer control window, why not chose this name as a default for the suffix Field in the export dialogue? At least when selected layer was chosen?

Am I right in thinking that there is no possibility for scale and translation of a shape to limit its effect on only one axis (x or y)? Like it is possible in a Rotoshape in Shake? I often find myself needing it when adjusting shapes that where linked to a tracker.

The possibilities to select points of a shape are also still limited. Drawing a selection not only as a box but also as a freeform or while scrubbing over the points would be a very good time safer.

Regards,
Heiko

P.S: Apart from this small annoyances, I think mocha still rocks!

While waiting until the rendered Shapes are exported :rolleyes:
here are those little things that would speed up the work in mocha:
Why do I always have to chose the kind of bitmap format, everytime I want to export a shape? Since you barely change a chosen format in a project, it would be much better to remember the once chosen format.
Furthermore, when already given a name to a layer in the Layer control window, why not chose this name as a default for the suffix Field in the export dialogue? At least when selected layer was chosen?
Am I right in thinking that there is no possibility for scale and translation of a shape to limit its effect on only one axis (x or y)? Like it is possible in a Rotoshape in Shake? I often find myself needing it when adjusting shapes that where linked to a tracker.
The possibilities to select points of a shape are also still limited. Drawing a selection not only as a box but also as a freeform or while scrubbing over the points would be a very good time safer.
Regards,
Heiko
P.S: Apart from this small annoyances, I think mocha still rocks!

To the point of enhancing the “Export to Rendered Shapes” workflow…I too would like mocha to recall the last saved settings. EG: I always have re-type my filename prefix or suffix. These hardly ever change per project, especially when working on multiple similar shots for a project.
Add on top of the current bug where mocha doesn’t save to the specified sub-dir, but always to one level up, and I have a workflow / administrative pain where I have to re-arrange rendered files post render.
The auto defaulting of those options (RG, Alpha Only, Matte Only, etc.) causes the user to re-do these each and every export. If I miss a step and forget to re-select the option that I need, I have to cancel the render once I realize this, and start again. In my first go with mocha V2, I assumed that these save from my last time into them, but then realized that mocha defaulted back to “RGB” as opposed to “matte only” like I had setup in my previous render export.

To the point of enhancing the “Export to Rendered Shapes” workflow…I too would like mocha to recall the last saved settings. EG: I always have re-type my filename prefix or suffix. These hardly ever change per project, especially when working on multiple similar shots for a project.

Add on top of the current bug where mocha doesn’t save to the specified sub-dir, but always to one level up, and I have a workflow / administrative pain where I have to re-arrange rendered files post render.

The auto defaulting of those options (RG, Alpha Only, Matte Only, etc.) causes the user to re-do these each and every export. If I miss a step and forget to re-select the option that I need, I have to cancel the render once I realize this, and start again. In my first go with mocha V2, I assumed that these save from my last time into them, but then realized that mocha defaulted back to “RGB” as opposed to “matte only” like I had setup in my previous render export.