Feature Request - Panasonic V-Log to be added to Colorspaces

@persyst Please file a support ticket for this issue here: Boris FX | Open a Case

This works on macOS 10.14 and that is the earliest version I can test with. Support will be able to test with macOS 10.13.6 to see if that is an issue.

I’ll open a case. Thanks.

I’m currently on 10.14.6. I had upgraded to Mojave 10.14.6 yesterday, because Vincent told me 2021.5.0 only supports 10.14 and up, but I had the OCIO problem since last week while still on High Sierra 10.13.6.

I was also having the Preferences > Color Management > OCIO Configuration problem in Silhouette 2020.5.7, while still on 10.13.6 also.

The last log file I sent from ~/Library/Logs/BorisFX/Silhouette 2021 was from 10.14.6

I am not sure why it is not working for you as it is fine for me in 10.14. Make sure you left the ACES folder intact. Make sure all the other folders are still in there.
If it is still no working for you, I have no idea what the issue may be.

Lol, that was it!! I had only just grabbed the two files, config.ocio and the V-Log_to_linear.spi1d like shown below. Didn’t realize I needed everything.

This didn’t work :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

This worked!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks for the suggestion to look into that!!!

Now that it’s working, I need a little help on the actual proper set up to use in my case. Thank you for your help!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This is what i have right now: Should I leave the Cineon/DPX Working Colorspace as Linear? When would it be appropriate to use Log?

Should I change these settings?

Seems to be the closest to natural skin tones

Seems to have a little too much red in the skin tones

Using this LUT directly makes the clip very dark in Silhouette
but the rendered TIFF and EXR are bit brighter
V-Log_to_linear.spi1d

Using this LUT it looks good in Silhouette but then the rendered TIFF and EXR look too bright
VLog_to_V709_forV35_ver100.cube

Just a follow up. I think since I rendered the clips out as 16bit files but opened them in photoshop where they were defaulted to 32bit, this was causing the over-brightness, because once I changed the bits/channel in Photoshop to 16bit, the colors of the rendered files look like they match the viewer of Silhouette. Please let me know if this could be what caused the over-brightness.

Thanks again!!!

The preferred method of working with Cineon files is to user Linear in the Cineon/DPX Working Colorspace.

I really can’t comment on what you should set the OCIO Colorspace node to. The settings should be adjusted based on what actual source file colorspace is and the desired destination colorspace.

HI Marco,

Understood, but could you possibly provide any simplified or basic understanding of what the difference is between all these Rec.709’s listed in the ACES 1.2 OCIO dropdown, like when to choose each one for the Output Colorspace?

Any info/guidance on this would be much appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

Output - Rec.709
Utility - Curve - Rec.709
Utllity - Linear - Rec.709
Utility - Rec.709 - Camera vs
Utility - Rec.709 - Display vs

I don’t kn ow the answer to your question.
Try the posting your question at OpenColorIO Users - Google Groups