Probably a stupid question, but I’m struggling with tracking a piece of interlaced footage. Here’s my workflow to see if I’m doing something wrong…
- interlaced AVI imported into After Effects (haven’t separated fields)
- rendered out to targa sequence (rendered no fields - presumably not touching the fields at all and leaving them intact?)
- import TAGs into Mocha and interpret as PAL uff interlaced.
- drawn spline and set to track fields
- exported track to AE and pasted into position KFs of logo I want to track onto footage
- rendered footage and logo together as AVI
Does that sound about right?
Problems I have are…
- In Mocha when I step through my footage it jerks forwards then back every other frame - indicitive of wrongly interpreted footage right? But I know FOR SURE it is UFF.
- When I render out my comp in AE the logo has really nasty interlace movement, no matter whether I render no fields leaving footage uninterp’d, or whether I interp the footage and then render uff.
Should you always separate fields in Mocha for interlaced footage and should you always track fields?
Thanks for any advice!