Flip the clip

Hello,
I would like to ask one small issue on Mocha. We cannot flip (horizontally or vertically) the footage in Mocha, can we? if we can, then please suggest me as i did not find any option on it.
hope to get your response soon.
Thank you in advance,
-Umesh

Hi there,
Currently, there is no way to flip footage in mocha unless it in an insert clip. The main clip should be oriented properly before you import it to mocha. What is the workflow reason you need to flip your clip?
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

Currently, there is no way to flip footage in mocha unless it in an insert clip. The main clip should be oriented properly before you import it to mocha. What is the workflow reason you need to flip your clip?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your quick response.

The reason i need to flip the clip is, sometime client send us the scanned footage which required to flip before we start the actual work on Mocha. So, if we should orient properly before import it to mocha, we need to rearrange it and render it which occupy more space in hard drive as well. Hence, my concern is if there is a flip option in Mocha then there will be more convenient.

Cheers :),
-Umesh

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your quick response.
The reason i need to flip the clip is, sometime client send us the scanned footage which required to flip before we start the actual work on Mocha. So, if we should orient properly before import it to mocha, we need to rearrange it and render it which occupy more space in hard drive as well. Hence, my concern is if there is a flip option in Mocha then there will be more convenient.
Cheers :),
-Umesh

Hello,
I would like to ask one small issue on Mocha. We cannot flip (horizontally or vertically) the footage in Mocha, can we? if we can, then please suggest me as i did not find any option on it.

hope to get your response soon.

Thank you in advance,

-Umesh

Hello, I’m from the future, is there any way to rotate the footage to 180? In October 2017.

You are from the future! There is still no way to do this inside of mocha alone, however, since we have also been toiling on our software to propel it into the future it is now a plug-in inside of many hosts. If you flip the footage in your host you can simply open it in the Mocha Pro plug-in and it will read from your timeline.

I’d like to add a +1 or 10 to this, we recently had 5k plates from the new Sony camera for a bunch of shots which where reversed horizontal & vertically and had not been processed properly by the color house since they couldn’t read the metadata properly yet.

For fast turnarounds on large plates like these working standalone re rendering all that footage is a ton of time and adds a bunch of steps for the comp artist and bends the mind of the person doing the tracking / cleanup.

You would think in this day and age you would never get plates like this but it happens more than you would think.

We can make sure we have a user story on this. Thanks for adding your voices to the request.

Haha, it’s easy to flip or rotate video. Here are some tutorials: https://videorotate.com/how-to-flip-video
Fixed - How to Flip a Video with Three Quick Steps

I’m recently having an issue where a rotated clip (original is upside down) in AE is being imported into Mocha like the original (upside down). I’ve had other clips that were unaffected. I tried flipping it beforehand in Quicktime but then I started getting these bad argument errors. Is there a fix or workaround for this? I apologize if there is an obvious solution, I’m really new to Mocha and AE in general.

Now it seems to have sorted itself out. I just restarted the AE project and for some reason I was able to import the flipped footage and not get an error.