Footage missing frames in Mocha

I’ve been scratching my head at this issue for a few hours now and I don’t know what else to try!

My footage is a 30fps 720p mp4 and at certain times during the track, the frames just freeze, and I’ll get the same 5-10 frames just frozen, and then it will continue on. Now I’ve checked my footage in QT, PP, and AE, and they all show that at that timecode, there ARE frames, but for some reason these frames just lock up. Of course when this happens it throws off the track because all of a sudden the footage is jumping to a drastically different position. The odd thing is that when reloading the footage, it can do this in different spots, so it’s a little inconsistent (which is why i can’t figure it out!). Don’t make me use AE’s 4 corner pinning :frowning:

Anyone else have this issue?

Since mp4 is a compressed format there can be discrepancies in finding frames correctly. While this should not be different between applications (I assure you we will look into why this may be happening), I would suggest converting your footage to a format such as animation or better yet, image sequences.
If you can email me the footage in question so we can test it, it will help us solve the issue:
martinb[at]imagineersystems{dot}com.

Since mp4 is a compressed format there can be discrepancies in finding frames correctly. While this should not be different between applications (I assure you we will look into why this may be happening), I would suggest converting your footage to a format such as animation or better yet, image sequences.

If you can email me the footage in question so we can test it, it will help us solve the issue:
martinb[at]imagineersystems{dot}com.

I’ve been scratching my head at this issue for a few hours now and I don’t know what else to try!
My footage is a 30fps 720p mp4 and at certain times during the track, the frames just freeze, and I’ll get the same 5-10 frames just frozen, and then it will continue on. Now I’ve checked my footage in QT, PP, and AE, and they all show that at that timecode, there ARE frames, but for some reason these frames just lock up. Of course when this happens it throws off the track because all of a sudden the footage is jumping to a drastically different position. The odd thing is that when reloading the footage, it can do this in different spots, so it’s a little inconsistent (which is why i can’t figure it out!). Don’t make me use AE’s 4 corner pinning :frowning:
Anyone else have this issue?