Frame Range when using removal

I have a 95 frame shot. I need to remove stuff from frames 80-95. I have tracked the background and made a roto shape to do the removal. Here is what I do not understand. The only good “clean” frames in the shot are from 20-45. How do I tell mocha to only use these frames? Can someone please break down the first frame last frame # frames before and # of frames after? If I want to use frames 20-45 to remove stuff on frames 80-95, what should those values be at? Thanks

First Frame and Last Frame are the ranges of frames you wish to use for trying to clean the frame. You can put the 20 and 45 in these fields.
Frames Before and Frames After are the amount of frames to look around the current frame you are on. This can be left at the defaults.

First Frame and Last Frame are the ranges of frames you wish to use for trying to clean the frame. You can put the 20 and 45 in these fields.

Frames Before and Frames After are the amount of frames to look around the current frame you are on. This can be left at the defaults.

No, you leave the frames before and frames after at the defaults. The frame range is where you’re telling mocha to look, the frames before and after are telling mocha how far it can look in that range now that you have defined it.
Step is how mocha looks at frames, either one by one, or every X frames you put into that setting. All of these settings are designed to give you more control over where mocha is looking and how hard mocha is working.
Does that make more sense?
Cheers,
Mary

No, you leave the frames before and frames after at the defaults. The frame range is where you’re telling mocha to look, the frames before and after are telling mocha how far it can look in that range now that you have defined it.

Step is how mocha looks at frames, either one by one, or every X frames you put into that setting. All of these settings are designed to give you more control over where mocha is looking and how hard mocha is working.

Does that make more sense?

Cheers,
Mary

You want it to look 95 frames behind so it grabs the proper range. So yes, I think you are looking at it with some confusion.

These brackets represent where the frame range you want mocha to look it to get the solve.

[***********]

But you need it to solve for the whole shot:

Therefor mocha will look the entire length of the shot to solve, but only use the range from [ to ] for the solve points.

You want it to look 95 frames behind so it grabs the proper range. So yes, I think you are looking at it with some confusion.
These brackets represent where the frame range you want mocha to look it to get the solve.
[***********]
But you need it to solve for the whole shot:

Therefor mocha will look the entire length of the shot to solve, but only use the range from [ to ] for the solve points.

When your shot is like, 2000 frames long, and the memory required to process the shot quickly only wants to look 500 frames ahead and behind.

When your shot is like, 2000 frames long, and the memory required to process the shot quickly only wants to look 500 frames ahead and behind.

Frames Before and Frames After are the amount of frames to look around the current frame you are on. This can be left at the defaults.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The Frames before and after is what confuses me. What if I do not want Mocha to look anywhere near the frame I am on? Do I put these at zero?

Frames Before and Frames After are the amount of frames to look around the current frame you are on. This can be left at the defaults.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. The Frames before and after is what confuses me. What if I do not want Mocha to look anywhere near the frame I am on? Do I put these at zero?

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
—End Quote—
OK so I since this is a 95 frame shot the frame range before and after defaults to 95. If I put my first and last frame at 20 and 45 I should leave my frames before and after at 95, which is the default. Here is what I do not understand. From what I get,the software will look 95 frames before frame 20 and 95 frames after frame 45. But I do not want it to do that. Am I thinking about this all wrong?

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
—End Quote—

OK so I since this is a 95 frame shot the frame range before and after defaults to 95. If I put my first and last frame at 20 and 45 I should leave my frames before and after at 95, which is the default. Here is what I do not understand. From what I get,the software will look 95 frames before frame 20 and 95 frames after frame 45. But I do not want it to do that. Am I thinking about this all wrong?

OK So when would I ever want to adjust frames before and after?

OK So when would I ever want to adjust frames before and after?

I have a 95 frame shot. I need to remove stuff from frames 80-95. I have tracked the background and made a roto shape to do the removal. Here is what I do not understand. The only good “clean” frames in the shot are from 20-45. How do I tell mocha to only use these frames? Can someone please break down the first frame last frame # frames before and # of frames after? If I want to use frames 20-45 to remove stuff on frames 80-95, what should those values be at? Thanks

ahhh Thanks!

ahhh Thanks!