Fresh install, error opening "Colorspace sRGB could not be found"

Hello,

Just did a fresh install of Standalone ( [Silhouette_2022.0.1_2022-7-1_Windows.exe] and upon firing it up to install the license, I get “Colorspace sRGB could not be found” and it Silhouette shuts down.

This is on a Windows 10 pro - 21H1 OS Build 19043.1826

Got any tips?

After opening the .exe through CMD - I am prompted with these separate errors:

ERROR: C:/Program Files/BorisFX/Silhouette 2022.0/resources/modules/OpenEXR.module: The specified module could not be found. 

ERROR: C:/Program Files/BorisFX/Silhouette 2022.0/resources/modules/PNG.module: The specified module could not be found. 

ERROR: C:/Program Files/BorisFX/Silhouette 2022.0/resources/modules/TIFF.module: The specified module could not be found.

I think we have a fix for this in Silhouette 2022.0.2. Send you a private message with a download link.

1 Like

So, not having time to really troubleshoot, I went ahead and uninstalled this version, blasted away all references to BorisFX in %programdata% and %appdata% and restarted the computer.

Then I installed an earlier version that we had saved in our software database
Silhouette-2021.5.0-2021-8-18_Windows.exe

This version opened up with no issues right off the bat, and I was able to point it to our license server and get the artist rolling.

I think there maybe an issue with the installer currently in the download section

Uninstall first and then run the new installer.

1 Like

Thanks Marco,

Will do!

Really appreciate the quick response and help.

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!