Going to a Fire Call

Picture the scene your going to a fire in your big red fire engine, and in the distance you can see smoke.
Can I, using a drive-to video create this effect with any of the software available?
Has it been done? if so how what and where?

Lost?

Start - leave fire station, (no smoke) turn right (smoke), keep going (still smoke), turn left (no smoke) etc etc. Finish- outside house on fire (lots and lots of smoke).

The original drive-to video has been shot using a camera from a fire engine, I would add the smoke using particle illusion.
Hope this makes sense.
Sid

Well - it depends on what you are tracking. Imagineer’s tracker is a planar tracker that tracks 2D planes. If there is no continuous “plane” visable in the entire shot, you may have to manually edit the tracking data. Without seeing the footage, it is near impossible to give advice on this one.

mocha does export data in AE keyframes and I have successfully imported that same data into Particle Illusion. Just make sure that track data export is “scale, rotation, position” and not corner pin.

best,
Ross

—Quote (Originally by sidjames)—
Picture the scene your going to a fire in your big red fire engine, and in the distance you can see smoke.
Can I, using a drive-to video create this effect with any of the software available?
Has it been done? if so how what and where?

Lost?

Start - leave fire station, (no smoke) turn right (smoke), keep going (still smoke), turn left (no smoke) etc etc. Finish- outside house on fire (lots and lots of smoke).

The original drive-to video has been shot using a camera from a fire engine, I would add the smoke using particle illusion.
Hope this makes sense.
Sid
—End Quote—