GUI Application has encountered a problem and needs to close

I have recently installed After Effects. I cannot get the Mocha bundled with it to launch. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AE to no avail. I uninstalled Quick Time and it launched, but I could not import movies, just pictures. On one occasion I was able to make it track one frame of a movie before it crashed.

I am running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition any help would be appreciated. I want to use it for it’s apparently superior tracking engine.

I have recently installed After Effects. I cannot get the Mocha bundled with it to launch. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AE to no avail. I uninstalled Quick Time and it launched, but I could not import movies, just pictures. On one occasion I was able to make it track one frame of a movie before it crashed.
I am running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition any help would be appreciated. I want to use it for it’s apparently superior tracking engine.

I am running AE4 9.0.2.42. The mocha shortcut points to “Mocha For After Effects.exe” Right clicking >properties reveals version 4.5.0.0. I don’t know where else to look for a different version number. So if that’s the wrong number, please tell me where else to look.

I am running AE4 9.0.2.42. The mocha shortcut points to “Mocha For After Effects.exe” Right clicking >properties reveals version 4.5.0.0. I don’t know where else to look for a different version number. So if that’s the wrong number, please tell me where else to look.

Version 1.2.3 Soho Edition

Version 1.2.3 Soho Edition

Any ideas?

I have three cameras with three different types of footage. Looks like MPEG-4 and AAC are the codecs in QT. The other camera outputs WMV. I believe that one is 3ivx.

I have three cameras with three different types of footage. Looks like MPEG-4 and AAC are the codecs in QT. The other camera outputs WMV. I believe that one is 3ivx.

Any ideas?

Do you have the CS4 edition of the program? If so, is it version 1.2.3?

Check the “About” box in the help menu. :slight_smile:

Do you have the CS4 edition of the program? If so, is it version 1.2.3?

Check the “About” box in the help menu. :slight_smile:

Can you tell me the codec of the files you’re trying to import? I specifically need the codec of the quicktime or avi that you are using. You can check this by opening the movie file in question inside quicktime player and go to the movie inspector.

Can you tell me the codec of the files you’re trying to import? I specifically need the codec of the quicktime or avi that you are using. You can check this by opening the movie file in question inside quicktime player and go to the movie inspector.

Hi erixen,

In general the codecs supported are ones that can be played inside QuickTime (as that is what we use to load movies), but there is less support for compressed footage such as mpeg and wmv in 1.2.3.

What I would suggest is to load your footage into After Effects and output it as an image sequence. This will be the easiest workaround for any codec problems you may be having.

We can laos check the footage for you in you email me a sample at : martinb[at] imagineersystems{dot}com

Hi erixen,
In general the codecs supported are ones that can be played inside QuickTime (as that is what we use to load movies), but there is less support for compressed footage such as mpeg and wmv in 1.2.3.
What I would suggest is to load your footage into After Effects and output it as an image sequence. This will be the easiest workaround for any codec problems you may be having.
We can laos check the footage for you in you email me a sample at : martinb[at] imagineersystems{dot}com