"Gui Application has stopped working" error

My mocha for after fx is very buggy. I havent used it in a year or 2 but i definitely dont remember it being this buggy. Wondering if theres a fix for this?

Im using Adobe CS4
Mocha for after fx build 1.2.3 ( the one that came with afterfx after i bought it from adobe)

I’m just trying to do a simple test track. I’m using footage from my Rebel T2i ( quicktime .264 , 1080p, 24fps) It keeps crashing and giving me the GUI error msg after working for 10-15 minutes. It has has random bugs saying it cant perform certain operations some frames dont show up, it adds random keyframes to the track then it crashes. I thought it might be the footage So i compressed it with cineform’s neoscene into their avi codec to keep it highrez and not loose quality and when i load that clip it just loads as completely white screen in the viewer…

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Hi plouffe,

We’ll need some more info:

• Which operating system version are you using?
  • Does the file play correctly in QuickTime?

You may also want to try converting to an image sequence to see if the problems still persist.

Hi plouffe,
We’ll need some more info:

• Which operating system version are you using?
  • Does the file play correctly in QuickTime?
    You may also want to try converting to an image sequence to see if the problems still persist.

Which Version of Vista are you using? Also are you running in 32 or 64-bit?

Which Version of Vista are you using? Also are you running in 32 or 64-bit?

Are you on the most recent windows-certified graphics drivers?

Are you on the most recent windows-certified graphics drivers?

Can you send us some screenshots of the error please?
martinb[at]imagineerystems{dot}com.

Can you send us some screenshots of the error please?
martinb[at]imagineerystems{dot}com.

My mocha for after fx is very buggy. I havent used it in a year or 2 but i definitely dont remember it being this buggy. Wondering if theres a fix for this?
Im using Adobe CS4
Mocha for after fx build 1.2.3 ( the one that came with afterfx after i bought it from adobe)
I’m just trying to do a simple test track. I’m using footage from my Rebel T2i ( quicktime .264 , 1080p, 24fps) It keeps crashing and giving me the GUI error msg after working for 10-15 minutes. It has has random bugs saying it cant perform certain operations some frames dont show up, it adds random keyframes to the track then it crashes. I thought it might be the footage So i compressed it with cineform’s neoscene into their avi codec to keep it highrez and not loose quality and when i load that clip it just loads as completely white screen in the viewer…
Any Ideas?
Thanks.

as far as i know Yes!.

Martinb,

I’m using Windows Vista,
And yes the file works perfectly fine in quicktime or other software.

I’ll have to try the image sequence to see if that works…
thanks.

Martinb,
I’m using Windows Vista,
And yes the file works perfectly fine in quicktime or other software.
I’ll have to try the image sequence to see if that works…
thanks.

The vista version that i have is 32 bit.

The vista version that i have is 32 bit.

as far as i know Yes!.