I installed PI standalone on my M1 Macbook Air, did some work, left the program open, went to do some work on another computer, and when I came back the program was closed. When I re-opened it, there was no GUI! All the top bar menus were there, but no stage, etc. If I bring up preferences, the dialog box is halfway off my screen to the left and can be dragged on. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing works! Help!
This is a known issue on Mac that is driving me crazy myself! There is a fix when this happens though…
- From “View” menu select “Enter Full Screen”
- PI UI should be visible, but probably with one view taking up the full window
- Press Cmd+1 (to restore all the views)
- From “View” menu select “Exit Full Screen”
- Watch where the window shrinks to – it will become a tiny vertical line somewhere. (On my system it is always in the lower left quadrant of the screen
- That little line is actually a window – use the mouse to resize it manually
If you can figure out what conditions cause this to happen, please let us know – even if it’s a guess. It seems to happen at random times for me, as much as once or twice a day.
Wow! That worked! Alan, thank you so much!