I installed PI standalone on my M1 Macbook Air, did some work, left the program open, went to do some work on another computer, and when I came back the program was closed. When I re-opened it, there was no GUI! All the top bar menus were there, but no stage, etc. If I bring up preferences, the dialog box is halfway off my screen to the left and can be dragged on. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing works! Help!
This is a known issue on Mac that is driving me crazy myself! There is a fix when this happens though…
- From “View” menu select “Enter Full Screen”
- PI UI should be visible, but probably with one view taking up the full window
- Press Cmd+1 (to restore all the views)
- From “View” menu select “Exit Full Screen”
- Watch where the window shrinks to – it will become a tiny vertical line somewhere. (On my system it is always in the lower left quadrant of the screen
- That little line is actually a window – use the mouse to resize it manually
If you can figure out what conditions cause this to happen, please let us know – even if it’s a guess. It seems to happen at random times for me, as much as once or twice a day.
Wow! That worked! Alan, thank you so much!
same problem but if I want to open the preferences if they appear stuck on the left of the screen. but in my “view” those options do not appear to fix it
Mac only: We’ve noticed that the “Enter Full Screen” option in the “View” menu does NOT show when your primary language is set to “Spanish”. (May only show when set to English, but we haven’t done thorough testing yet)
So if you temporarily set your primary language to English (you don’t have to restart) and then launch PI, you might be able to try the “Enter Full Screen” workaround above. (Mac only)
Hi, I don’t have a problem with mine
but can i ask - primary language to English ?
I’m in the UK England, my Windows system is in English (United Kingdom),
I see no language option in PI, & no Enter Full Screen option,
Is this different on a Mac?
Sorry – I should have said on Mac only – full screen mode is a macOS feature.
Thanks, i was just curious👍