GUI Font Size

Is there any way to change the Font Size of the menus and such? The font size seems to be much too small (I don’t remember changing anything, and wouldn’t have changed it to this size if I did). I’ve been working on a MAC lately and don’t remember it being this uncomfortably small (back on my PC).
thanks for your help,
bruce

OK, so lets breakdown a few possibilities then.
What screen rez are you running at? What kind of screen are you using? What OS? What graphics card are you using?
We might be able to get to the bottom of this.
:slight_smile:
Mary

Great! Glad to hear it!

You’ll have to increase the font size in your OS I believe. We do not have a lot of GUI customizable options.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Mary

You’ll have to increase the font size in your OS I believe. We do not have a lot of GUI customizable options.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Mary

I will have to consult with our dev team on this one. I don’t think so, but I will ask.
Cheers,
Mary

I will have to consult with our dev team on this one. I don’t think so, but I will ask.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Bruce,
OK, so no, you can not increase the font size or change the font in mocha’s interface. I am sorry for the inconvenience. May I suggest globally changing the font size on your machine again, if it is a serious problem for you?
Here is a breakdown on how to change your global font size on a PC:
http://www.easycomputertips.com/article-changedisplaysettingsandtextsize.html
Here is a breakdown of how to change your global font size on your mac:

Or you can change your mac system fonts by clicking on your desktop and then go to the view menu situated at the top. Choose the view options. Change the system fonts from here as you need.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi Bruce,

OK, so no, you can not increase the font size or change the font in mocha’s interface. I am sorry for the inconvenience. May I suggest globally changing the font size on your machine again, if it is a serious problem for you?

Here is a breakdown on how to change your global font size on a PC:
http://www.easycomputertips.com/article-changedisplaysettingsandtextsize.html

Here is a breakdown of how to change your global font size on your mac:

Or you can change your mac system fonts by clicking on your desktop and then go to the view menu situated at the top. Choose the view options. Change the system fonts from here as you need.

Cheers,
Mary

OK, so lets breakdown a few possibilities then.

What screen rez are you running at? What kind of screen are you using? What OS? What graphics card are you using?

We might be able to get to the bottom of this.

:slight_smile:
Mary

Great! Glad to hear it!

Thanks Mary,

It seems that nothing I did would get it to go. So, as a last resort, I finally uninstalled and reinstalled and that seemed to fix it. It’s now back to what I remember having (I’m running at 2560x1600, so the small size was killing me).

I don’t know why it fell apart but something must have become corrupted. I did do some updates to windows so that could have been it.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out (especially after hours!). I really appreciate it. Hopefully that might help someone else who may end up with the same issue.

bruce

Thanks for the reply Mary, the rest of the programs I use don’t have the same problem. Here’s screen captures to illustrate what I mean. One is from After Effects, the other MochaAE.
Maybe it’s the font Mocha uses, does it resort to a different font if the default font it uses is not currently available?
thanks

Is there any way to change the Font Size of the menus and such? The font size seems to be much too small (I don’t remember changing anything, and wouldn’t have changed it to this size if I did). I’ve been working on a MAC lately and don’t remember it being this uncomfortably small (back on my PC).

thanks for your help,

bruce

Thanks for the reply Mary, the rest of the programs I use don’t have the same problem. Here’s screen captures to illustrate what I mean. One is from After Effects, the other MochaAE.

Maybe it’s the font Mocha uses, does it resort to a different font if the default font it uses is not currently available?

thanks

Thanks Mary, any help is appreciated! Let me know if you need anything else from me.
bruce

Thanks Mary, any help is appreciated! Let me know if you need anything else from me.

bruce

yeah, it would be. All the other software I have works fine.
I just don’t remember Mocha being this bad when I first installed it…it’s really strange…
There is definitely something wrong with my setup. I thought it might be a MAC/PC thing, but I just looked at some tutorials on mamoworld.com and captured his screen (he uses windows). His font definitely looks different (see example).
It would seem to be a font issue and not a size issue. Is the font hard coded into the program? Is it looking for a font that somehow no longer exists on my machine?
thanks

yeah, it would be. All the other software I have works fine.

I just don’t remember Mocha being this bad when I first installed it…it’s really strange…

There is definitely something wrong with my setup. I thought it might be a MAC/PC thing, but I just looked at some tutorials on mamoworld.com and captured his screen (he uses windows). His font definitely looks different (see example).

It would seem to be a font issue and not a size issue. Is the font hard coded into the program? Is it looking for a font that somehow no longer exists on my machine?

thanks

Thanks Mary,
It seems that nothing I did would get it to go. So, as a last resort, I finally uninstalled and reinstalled and that seemed to fix it. It’s now back to what I remember having (I’m running at 2560x1600, so the small size was killing me).
I don’t know why it fell apart but something must have become corrupted. I did do some updates to windows so that could have been it.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out (especially after hours!). I really appreciate it. Hopefully that might help someone else who may end up with the same issue.
bruce