Handheld footage of a screen to "project" in full screen

Hello,

I’ve been looking for the solution to this problem for quite a while, but I couldn’t find it exactly.

I have a handheld 4k footage of a screen with some footage in it. I need to track this screen and “straighten” the footage in it to fill a 1920x1080 rectangular screen.

I succedeed in tracking the original footage, but couldn’t find how to complete the 2nd part of the job.

There are a lot of tutorials about screen substitution, and this is somewhat the reverse proceeding.

Sorry if this is sort of a noobie question, but I couldn’t find the workflow to achieve this result… :slight_smile:

Thank you!!

It sounds like you need to stabilize your shot than scale the footage with a corner pin effect. This can be achieved a couple ways.

First you would want to do the typical mocha surface track on the screen. Next you could use the stabilize module to lock down the motion. Turn on Smooth All Motion and Maximum Smoothing. I would recommend choosing the frame where the screen is largest in frame. Then you can either render the the results and scale in your editing application OR export the stabilized corner pin data to the host system.

If you wanted to do this entirely in mocha you could stabilize the shot as described, reload it into mocha Pro and use the insert module, however this is probably overkill.

Hope this helps.

If you have any more questions, let us know, and we will be happy to help you.

Thank you for answering!
I was in a bit of a hurry so I managed to use RG Warp > corner pins, all manual, but has exactly what I was looking for, remaps tracked corner pins to the full frame. And has also a very convenient Mocha importer, so it’s the perfect workflow… :slight_smile:
@Ross: I will try the method you suggest too, thank you!