Have had a good play around now

Have been using Motor quite a lot today, just messing around with test clips …

I’m starting to appreciate how good this software is going to be.

I’ve had a few problems in bringing shape data into Shake, and favour saving out a clip of the mattes and using it as a luma matte, but i need to play around with this a bit more - perhaps a video tutorial could be made on getting the results of motor out and into a program like Shake…

I believe I’ve found a bug with the 'Save Clip" feature - when you export a QuickTime movie (i’m using Motor on OS X btw), using the animation codec (i’ve only tried this codec too) you cannot enter a number in the field for ‘Key frame every…’ It just won’t let you.

I’d also like to be able to click a layer, hit return and then be able to rename it. Double clicking seems inacuarate sometimes - not highlighting the ‘Layer x’ text properly and you left with a layer called ‘Layer 1head_roto’ for example…

I think the light colour scheme is why too bright and doesn’t fit in with aqua, pretty hideous in comparison to the dark… a better light version would look like the dark theme, but be based around the hex value #CCCCCC or #999999… with black text, i guess…

anyway, i think i’ve said enough for now. I’ll delve deeper over the weekend.