Help choosing better system to install Mocha v2

Before I install Mocha v2, I need to decide which of my systems to have licensed. In general, would it be better/faster to install on:
(a) quad core with Vista 32 bit
or
(b) dual core with Vista 64 bit?

I’m asking with the knowledge that other system variables such as gfx cards, etc will affect performance. I’m just curious about the basic system as I can modify other variables going forward!

Thanks for any guidance!
Tim

Hi Tim,

Probably the Vista 64 dual core will be best. Mocha doesn’t really use more than two cores, so memory and disk performance are more important. It’s not a 64-bit application, but running on 64-bit Windows will make slightly more memory available to it than a 32-bit system with the same amount of physical RAM.

The best thing though would be to do a test using the mocha Learning Edition and see which machine actually runs faster.

Best regards,

J-P

—Quote (Originally by J-P)—
Hi Tim,

Probably the Vista 64 dual core will be best. Mocha doesn’t really use more than two cores, so memory and disk performance are more important. It’s not a 64-bit application, but running on 64-bit Windows will make slightly more memory available to it than a 32-bit system with the same amount of physical RAM.

The best thing though would be to do a test using the mocha Learning Edition and see which machine actually runs faster.

Best regards,

J-P
—End Quote—
Thanks for the tip. I do have v1 on both systems but didn’t know whether or not v2 had been optimized for x64 OSes. I hadn’t looked for a learning edition version so I will try it to see if I get any noticeable benefit of one system over the other.

Thanks for the quick response!
Tim