Help with "Frame out of range" Error

This has been discussed before, but I really do not get it. I am very new to the whole “VFX” thing. If you could help me with this, that would be fine.
Details: File type: .mp4; converted from .wmv in Adobe Premiere Elements 10.
Also, when I try and change the frames, I can only type 0s.
http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showthread.php?t=1837
Image: http://imgur.com/chmfunO

This has been discussed before, but I really do not get it. I am very new to the whole “VFX” thing. If you could help me with this, that would be fine.

Details: File type: .mp4; converted from .wmv in Adobe Premiere Elements 10.
Also, when I try and change the frames, I can only type 0s.

http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showthread.php?t=1837
Image: http://imgur.com/chmfunO

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
If you are getting zero int he frame range there is something wrong with the file. Is the first frame of your footage black? Does it play in the QuickTime player?
—End Quote—
I’m dumb, yes the first couple of frames are black. I recorded it with a dumb camera that does that. Also, it was converted from a .wmv which is not “supported” in Mocha. It is now a .mp4 and I can still play it in QuickTime. I will try and see what happens if I can cut it some more and play around.

Use After Effects:
Create a composition with the wmv source file and render it to QuickTime, choosing Animation as the codec.
—End Quote—
Now it works, I can track, but when I export the data, it ends up tracking the whole frame, not the object I want to track.

If you are getting zero int he frame range there is something wrong with the file. Is the first frame of your footage black? Does it play in the QuickTime player?
—End Quote—
I’m dumb, yes the first couple of frames are black. I recorded it with a dumb camera that does that. Also, it was converted from a .wmv which is not “supported” in Mocha. It is now a .mp4 and I can still play it in QuickTime. I will try and see what happens if I can cut it some more and play around.

Try converting it to an Animation Quicktime MOV file or an image sequence, like TIF.
—End Quote—
I only converted it to .mp4 because the program I convert with is for Windows, so those options are very limited.
If you could help me with converting files to .mov that would be great.

Try converting it to an Animation Quicktime MOV file or an image sequence, like TIF.
—End Quote—
I only converted it to .mp4 because the program I convert with is for Windows, so those options are very limited.

If you could help me with converting files to .mov that would be great.

Use After Effects:
Create a composition with the wmv source file and render it to QuickTime, choosing Animation as the codec.
—End Quote—
Now it works, I can track, but when I export the data, it ends up tracking the whole frame, not the object I want to track.

Explain the exact steps you are doing from mocha to After Effects.
—End Quote—
I am first, using the X pen to track my target, then clicking track, waiting for it, then clicking export data, then copying to clipboard, then pasting into my After Effects clip.

Which data export are you using?
What layer are you pasting it to?
—End Quote—
I am using the only export data button I can find.
I am pasting it to the video layer.

Explain the exact steps you are doing from mocha to After Effects.
—End Quote—
I am first, using the X pen to track my target, then clicking track, waiting for it, then clicking export data, then copying to clipboard, then pasting into my After Effects clip.

Which data export are you using?
What layer are you pasting it to?
—End Quote—
I am using the only export data button I can find.
I am pasting it to the video layer.

You should have various options for exporting to After Effects, such as Corner pin and transform. Which are you using?
If you are planning to insert something you have to paste it to the insert layer, not the footage layer.
—End Quote—
Yeah, I am pretty bad with all this VFX stuff, but I am trying to learn. It still does not track the thing I want. It just take the whole frame and moves it in the path the tracked area is supposed to move.

You should have various options for exporting to After Effects, such as Corner pin and transform. Which are you using?

If you are planning to insert something you have to paste it to the insert layer, not the footage layer.
—End Quote—
Yeah, I am pretty bad with all this VFX stuff, but I am trying to learn. It still does not track the thing I want. It just take the whole frame and moves it in the path the tracked area is supposed to move.

I’ll repeat the question since you may have missed it:
You should have various options for exporting to After Effects, such as Corner pin and transform. Which are you using? There is a dropdown when you export the data from mocha.

Check the details here to make sure you are exporting correctly:

—End Quote—
I am using transform. Same thing.

I’ll repeat the question since you may have missed it:
You should have various options for exporting to After Effects, such as Corner pin and transform. Which are you using? There is a dropdown when you export the data from mocha.
Check the details here to make sure you are exporting correctly:

—End Quote—
I am using transform. Same thing.

You need to paste your tracking information to the item you want to track into the footage. You do not apply it to the footage itself.
For example if you are tracking someone’s face to cover it with an insert, you would create a new layer and paste the tracking data to that, then it would follow along with the original footage.
When you paste transform data are you removing the anchor point keys?
—End Quote—
This is probably frustrating to you, I am a complete newbie. All the tutorials I can find expect you to be an expert, and After Effects is too advanced to play around with.
I have been trying, but now my computer is bluescreening in After Effects. I will try as soon as I get the problem fixed.