Help with tracking hand & arms

Hey! I’ve just got into mocha and are trying to track some hands and arms on an actor that waves in all directions. It’s suppose to be some kind of info graphic shot.
Everything is fine until the arm is pointing straight at the camera for some frames. The tracker goes off and I can’t seem to correct it with a good result. When I try to position the weird frames by hand the surface just goes off. How would you do something like this the best way? any great tips?
thanks

I ended up doing multiple tracks and linking them together in AE… had to fill in the weird frames manually but it turn out pretty good. But if there’s a more efficient way I would really like to know =) peace

Hey! I’ve just got into mocha and are trying to track some hands and arms on an actor that waves in all directions. It’s suppose to be some kind of info graphic shot.

Everything is fine until the arm is pointing straight at the camera for some frames. The tracker goes off and I can’t seem to correct it with a good result. When I try to position the weird frames by hand the surface just goes off. How would you do something like this the best way? any great tips?

thanks

I ended up doing multiple tracks and linking them together in AE… had to fill in the weird frames manually but it turn out pretty good. But if there’s a more efficient way I would really like to know =) peace

Because mocha is a planar tracker it tries to find planes of detail to keep the track solid. In this case it sounds like the area you were tracking became too obscured or warped to maintain the track.
I’d have to see the project file to work out the weird frames though. It could be that the surface was getting distorted too far.

Because mocha is a planar tracker it tries to find planes of detail to keep the track solid. In this case it sounds like the area you were tracking became too obscured or warped to maintain the track.

I’d have to see the project file to work out the weird frames though. It could be that the surface was getting distorted too far.