How do I get rid of all these keys?

I should start by saying that I would normally have read and found a solution in the manual but the Motor Guide is rather lite when it comes to real detail.

Ok so this isn’t what I expected to happen. I just tracked and roto’d 800 frames (with about 30 keyframes). After all that I decided to add Edge Width. The problem is that Edge Width is being keyframed as well. I expected a global Edge Width of 3 to be applied to the entire roto but instead has been added to only a single keyframe. So being comfortable with keyframes I opened the curve editor and found the Edge Width value within all 15 control points. I immediately saw 29 keyframes with a value of 0 and 1 with a value of 3. I then selected all 29 keyframes with the value of zero and tried to delete them. Nothing happened. I could move them (so they were active) but couldn’t delete them. This is either a bug or I’ve done something wrong.

So 2 questions. How should I approach adding Edge Width after having roto’d a ton of frames? Second, how would I go about deleting those keyframes?

This also leads me to a feature request. Can the keyframes in the timeline be context sensitive? In other words, if I’m in the Edge Width value field, could the timeline show me only the keyframes for that property? That way I could at least use the keyframe deletion options in the Keyframe Contols window.

How about having those same Keyframe controls for the curve editor? window?

—Quote (Originally by liquidsn)—
Heres another question that goes with this.

I have a spline rotoed, and i use “UberKey” and set the feathering to +3.0. Now I see that it is way to much, and for some reason i can’t “Undo” the +3.0.

When i try to “add” or set a -3.0 value setting, it moves the roto points not the feather points.

It seems the feathing setting is on “do it and never look back” setting.

I’m on Moto 1.1.2

I guess a better question is after i have a shape rotoed. How do i “test” the feathering and see which one works best? There should be a RESET button on the feathering option. That would be really nice. set it back to 0.
—End Quote—

Ultimately you can get under the “bonnet”,via the Curve Editor, and manipulate, delete etc the key framed information as you please.

Note, Edge Width is set per selected point or for all the points on a layer if not points are selected.

Also note the Edge Width field does not “read” the current offset value but is only the value that is applied.

My suggestion for above would be to delete all Edge Width keyframes, alternative a bit more “messy” use Uberkey and Set to ‘0’.

—Quote (Originally by sean cusson)—
I should start by saying that I would normally have read and found a solution in the manual but the Motor Guide is rather lite when it comes to real detail. It’s a great starter but there’s a lot of information that I couldn’t find. (no offense to the developers)

Ok so this isn’t what I expected to happen. I just tracked and roto’d 800 frames (with about 30 keyframes). After all that I decided to add Edge Width. The problem is that Edge Width is being keyframed as well. I expected a global Edge Width of 3 to be applied to the entire roto but instead has been added to only a single keyframe. So being comfortable with keyframes I opened the curve editor and found the Edge Width value within all 15 control points. I immediately saw 29 keyframes with a value of 0 and 1 with a value of 3. I then selected all 29 keyframes with the value of zero and tried to delete them. Nothing happened. I could move them (so they were active) but couldn’t delete them. This is either a bug or I’ve done something wrong.

So 2 questions. How should I approach adding Edge Width after having roto’d a ton of frames? Second, how would I go about deleting those keyframes?

This also leads me to a feature request. Can the keyframes in the timeline be context sensitive? In other words, if I’m in the Edge Width value field, could the timeline show me only the keyframes for that property? That way I could at least use the keyframe deletion options in the Keyframe Contols window.

How about having those same Keyframe controls for the curve editor? window?
—End Quote—

Please download the latest Motor (1.1.2) from our website and confirm if you still have a problem deleting the keys.

Refer to a previous post for more on this.
http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showthread.php?p=555#post555

The nastiest, but quickest approaching being to use Uberkey and set to ‘0’ then the set to the desired value.

—Quote (Originally by sean cusson)—
I immediately saw 29 keyframes with a value of 0 and 1 with a value of 3. I then selected all 29 keyframes with the value of zero and tried to delete them. Nothing happened. I could move them (so they were active) but couldn’t delete them. This is either a bug or I’ve done something wrong.
—End Quote—

Can you confirm that you were using the DEL key to delete the keyframes vs Backspace?

Heres another question that goes with this.

I have a spline rotoed, and i use “UberKey” and set the feathering to +3.0. Now I see that it is way to much, and for some reason i can’t “Undo” the +3.0.

When i try to “add” or set a -3.0 value setting, it moves the roto points not the feather points.

It seems the feathing setting is on “do it and never look back” setting.

I’m on Moto 1.1.2

I guess a better question is after i have a shape rotoed. How do i “test” the feathering and see which one works best? There should be a RESET button on the feathering option. That would be really nice. set it back to 0.

I should add that I’m using a MacBook Pro, 3 gb Ram and Motor 1.1.1