How do you get a PNG to show effects?

Hello everyone! I’ve used Boris FX Optics about a half a dozen times so far on projects (and played around in Optics about a dozen times just to get somewhat familiar with it). I really enjoy it and I can’t wait to get WAY better at using it and understanding what all is possible.

The last project I was on, I brought in a PNG file from Photoshop that had just a main character (think 3d digital art character, like a game avatar) on it. The entire background was transparent. I was using Optics to add some lens flare type effects to the character, but I couldn’t see the effect anywhere but over the character. When I brought it back into Photoshop, sure enough the flare effect was only over the character.

Is there a way to have the effects from Optics show up on the entire area if there is no background? Thank you for any help on this and I hope I explained this so it’s understandable. :smiley:

Optics does not currently support alpha, but is planned for the next release. Once that is implemented, you will be able to do what you want.

Awesome! Thank you for the reply. So glad you guys are doing all these amazing things! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: