How to achieve this effect?

Dear community,

how can I achieve this kind of light trail effect in Optics like in the following picture from the Boris FX website? Thank you in advance for your support.

Hi Philipp,
I believe the light streak was created with a combination of S_Aurora, glow, and possibly some masks. Possibly a lens flare offscreen to help.

Note some of the Light filters can really be edited to produce results that you would not think about.

Here is a very basic Optics setup that you can use as a starting point:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gKcaf96DG3Wr7I5XWkUb1jJH1nhYBn2b/view?usp=sharing

You can import this setup from File>OpenSetup. Note that the Aurora filter is set to “Aurora only” at the bottom, but you can switch to add or screen

Hope this helps.
-Ross

1 Like

Here are two Optics setup files that reproduce the exact effect, Open and image and then select File > Open Setup.
Streak.zip (4.8 KB)

2 Likes

Yes - I forgot S_Zap can also be used for this! Again - experimenting with these filters can deliver some very unexpected creative results.

2 Likes

Hi Ross and Marco,

perfect, thank you very much for your quick support. I’ll be experimenting with these filters during the upcoming days.