How to clear the tracking data of layer?

After creating shape for a layer to track and performing tracking with this layer I noticed that this layer shouldn’t have tracking data but animated manually.
How to clear the tracking data of layer (except start from the beginning :slight_smile: )?
The question is for MP 2.6.2

Hi There,

Why shouldn’t it use tracking data? That can save you time on your roto by quite a lot.

Anyway, in order to delete keyframes of the track in your version of mocha you will need to be in the track tab, switch to manual track, and delete those keyframes one at a time with +/- keyframe buttons.

OR you can just switch the link to track setting in layer properties to “none” to have that spline not look at the tracking data on that layer or follow it.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi There,
Why shouldn’t it use tracking data? That can save you time on your roto by quite a lot.
Anyway, in order to delete keyframes of the track in your version of mocha you will need to be in the track tab, switch to manual track, and delete those keyframes one at a time with +/- keyframe buttons.
OR you can just switch the link to track setting in layer properties to “none” to have that spline not look at the tracking data on that layer or follow it.
Cheers,
Mary

Yeah… we made the dope sheet in V3 so no one would have to use the curve editor anymore if they don’t want to. If you want better access to your keyframes, I do encourage you to upgrade. :slight_smile:
Have a great night!
Mary

Yeah… we made the dope sheet in V3 so no one would have to use the curve editor anymore if they don’t want to. If you want better access to your keyframes, I do encourage you to upgrade. :slight_smile:

Have a great night!
Mary

After creating shape for a layer to track and performing tracking with this layer I noticed that this layer shouldn’t have tracking data but animated manually.
How to clear the tracking data of layer (except start from the beginning :slight_smile: )?
The question is for MP 2.6.2

—Quote—
Why shouldn’t it use tracking data?
—End Quote—
Sometimes the object that needs to be tracked became obscured with other objects and the track gives bad results, and thus the masking afterwards is difficult because you have to fight with the tracking errors and jumps. Manual rotoscoping is a good choice in such situations.
Removing linking to certain track seems to do the job.
I also tried to delete the keys in the Curve editor in Track section of the layer. It seems to clear the tracking data too but leaves strange horizontal lines.
Thank you for your reply Mary!
It was helpful, as always! :slight_smile:

—Quote—
Why shouldn’t it use tracking data?
—End Quote—
Sometimes the object that needs to be tracked became obscured with other objects and the track gives bad results, and thus the masking afterwards is difficult because you have to fight with the tracking errors and jumps. Manual rotoscoping is a good choice in such situations.
Removing linking to certain track seems to do the job.
I also tried to delete the keys in the Curve editor in Track section of the layer. It seems to clear the tracking data too but leaves strange horizontal lines.
Thank you for your reply Mary!
It was helpful, as always! :slight_smile:

That’s under consideration :wink:

That’s under consideration :wink: