How to copy /paste spline to another layers

Hi, is it possible to copy/paste spline(s) and its keyframes from a layer to another layer. I don’t want to use ‘duplicate layer’ as the other layer already have the existing splines i want to retain. It should be simple like : cmd-C and cmd-V , but couldn’t find a way to do it. Right-click menu also got no ‘copy/paste’ .
Thanx

Hi, is it possible to copy/paste spline(s) and its keyframes from a layer to another layer. I don’t want to use ‘duplicate layer’ as the other layer already have the existing splines i want to retain. It should be simple like : cmd-C and cmd-V , but couldn’t find a way to do it. Right-click menu also got no ‘copy/paste’ .

Thanx

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Hi there,

Are you updated to the latest version of V3? It should be working in that build.

Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
Hi Mary , yeah it’s V3. But i can’t do cmd-c and cmd-v (copy paste) the spline from layer to layer. How do you do that ? is there any other menu ? in viewer, i select the spline then when try to copy/paste, nothing happen.

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Hi there,
Are you updated to the latest version of V3? It should be working in that build.
Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
Hi Mary , yeah it’s V3. But i can’t do cmd-c and cmd-v (copy paste) the spline from layer to layer. How do you do that ? is there any other menu ? in viewer, i select the spline then when try to copy/paste, nothing happen.

Hi there,
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,
OK, so I told you the wrong thing. I apologize. We don’t actually support that behavior yet. You can copy and paste inside the same layer, but if you want to edit keyframes together from separate layers you will need to do that in your compositing software as a workaround. It should be pretty simple in something like AE or Nuke.
Have a great day,
Mary

Hi there,

OK, so I told you the wrong thing. I apologize. We don’t actually support that behavior yet. You can copy and paste inside the same layer, but if you want to edit keyframes together from separate layers you will need to do that in your compositing software as a workaround. It should be pretty simple in something like AE or Nuke.

Have a great day,
Mary

Hi there,

This is on our wish list, but there are a great many features on our list, so we do not know when we will implement this behavior. It will depend on time and resources.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Cheers,
Mary

Mary,

Are there any plans to implement this function? This would be hugely helpful. Currently, I am working on a scene consisting of 3 camera angles with a total of 21 shots. I would love to be able to copy and paste a spline from one mocha project to a new mocha project, much like the way AE can keep mask data in it’s clipboard and copy/paste from project to project. Because the cuts repeat the same camera angles, I continually need the same spline that I already created for the previous shot.

Mary,
Are there any plans to implement this function? This would be hugely helpful. Currently, I am working on a scene consisting of 3 camera angles with a total of 21 shots. I would love to be able to copy and paste a spline from one mocha project to a new mocha project, much like the way AE can keep mask data in it’s clipboard and copy/paste from project to project. Because the cuts repeat the same camera angles, I continually need the same spline that I already created for the previous shot.

Just wanted to revisit this topic. This function would be very very helpful when doing multiple shots/cuts that involve the same setup. Being able to copy/paste mask shapes from one mocha project to the next would ensure that your masks/points/shape wouldn’t bump from cut to cut.

Same goes for a surface, in a scene where you a tracking the same surface (monitor, phone, etc) and for every shot and every track you are eyeballing a new surface you leave a lot of room for human error and continuity issues.