How to improve Boris FX Playback and Render Speeds

Hey all - I’m curious if anyone can recommend a workstation to get the best performance out of BorisFX, or how can I get the quickest render speeds and playback? I’m open to Mac or PC specs. I’m also a Media Composer user if that makes a difference.
Thanks!

Hello! You can check recommended hardware on the bottom of this page, but I’ll also copy it here

Recommended Hardware:

Processor: Apple M1, M1 Pro, M1 Ultra system, Intel or AMD CPU with four or more cores

Memory: 8 GB or more

Disk: High-speed disk array or SSD storage

Graphics Card:
Most modern graphics cards from ATI, Nvidia and Intel are supported. click here for a full listing

Hi Kyle,

If performance is the deciding factor (and not price) then I would suggest that whether you decide to work with Mac OS or Win OS, you should configure your system with the following :

• start with a desktop system (they’re typically faster and more configurable than laptops)
• add as much fast RAM as the system will take (you can never have too much of that)
• add internal 1TB or greater SSD drives - one for system and apps, one for media
• add a high-end video card with at least 10 GB of fast on board memory

That said, you should find that Continuum will perform exceedingly well on most moderately equipped modern systems, especially the new BCC+ filters which are all hardware accelerated.

Cheers,
Peter.