How to modify clipboard data to use Mocha for AE in AE CS3?

Hi – I’d like to use the corner pin data generated in the Mocha for AE included with the new AE CS4 in AE CS3. Don’t have the time to re-load all the plugs at this time. thx, dave

BTW, I love this software!!!

Yeah it doesn’t work.

You will get the error “Adobe Effects error: Invalid clipboard format - effect ADBE Corner Pin could not be found (line 9, near column 2)”

This basically means that the newest form of “corner pin” changed. This is the header from the previous version, that I found online:

*Adobe After Effects 6.0 Keyframe Data

Units Per Second	24
Source Width	2048
Source Height	1024
Source Pixel Aspect Ratio	1
Comp Pixel Aspect Ratio	1

Effects Corner Pin #1 Upper Left #2*

and the new CS4 kicks out this:

Units Per Second	24
Source Width	2048
Source Height	1024

Effects ADBE Corner Pin #1 ADBE Corner Pin-0001*

Let me know if you write a script that converts it - seems logical that it SHOULD work for both CS3 and CS4. But oh well. It would be awesome if Mocha had the option.

I just edited the text file manually and replaced

Effects ADBE Corner Pin #1 ADBE Corner Pin-0001 with

Effects Corner Pin #1 Upper Left #2

… and so on with the other headers. It pastes correct data into CS3 corner pin now.

I also have Red Giant Warp which directly imports Mocha for CS4 corner pin data but beware on CS3 it seems to have a single frame offset which requires me to shift the corner pin layer by -1 frame. This does not happen in CS4 with the RG plugin.

The RG plugin does not seem to like the corner pin data in the old pre-CS4 format. It will import it but does not work as expected.

Other than that love Mocha.

—Quote (Originally by cyphersk8)—
Yeah it doesn’t work.

You will get the error “Adobe Effects error: Invalid clipboard format - effect ADBE Corner Pin could not be found (line 9, near column 2)”

This basically means that the newest form of “corner pin” changed. This is the header from the previous version, that I found online:

Units Per Second	24
Source Width	2048
Source Height	1024

Effects Corner Pin #1 Upper Left #2*

and the new CS4 kicks out this:

Units Per Second	24
Source Width	2048
Source Height	1024

Effects ADBE Corner Pin #1 ADBE Corner Pin-0001*

Let me know if you write a script that converts it - seems logical that it SHOULD work for both CS3 and CS4. But oh well. It would be awesome if Mocha had the option.
—End Quote—

Hi pixelslinger,

I’m afraid that’s not going to work - the clipboard data format is different. In the non-bundled version of Mocha for After Effects, we have separate CS4 and non-CS4 exports.

You could probably paste the corner pin into AE CS4 from the bundled Mocha, then save the After Effects project and reopen in AE CS3 if the files are compatible.

Best regards,

J-P

Dave,

I can’t tell you how to do that because it would breach the Adobe licence agreement. The version of Mocha for After Effects bundled with After Effects CS4 is only for use with After Effects CS4.

It might be worthwhile you joining the beta program we have running at the moment, which will give you access to the latest version of Mocha for After Effects. If you’re interested, send a mail to mocha-beta at imagineersystems dot com.

J-P

Thanks J-P. Could you post the header info of a sample export from non-AE version corner pin, so that I might try and write a script or something? I’m looking through some synth eyes text exports to see if I can work out something that doesn’t involve too much hassle…thx, dave

I understand. Thanks for your help.