How to see Optics as a filter option in PS CC

I am not sure why it is crashing for you. It is working on my system here. Does it happen with all images? If so, can you send me a download link to the exact image you are using?

i cant get it to show in photoshop pls help i have tried everything

@deon.pallett

What OS/version are you using?

Are you using a M1 Mac?

im on windows 10

Are you running a 64 bit version of Windows 10?

What version of Photoshop?

yes 64 bit and version 23.1

When you run the Optics installer, do you see that it says installed for Adobe Photoshop?

Do you see the following directories?
C:\Program Files\BorisFX\Optics
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\BorisFX Optics

when i run the installler i do not get those options
all i get is this then nothing happens
and no i do not see those directories

Hmm. The only things I can think of are 1) the installer is corrupt and you may need to download again, preferably with a different browser or 2) you don’t have enough space on your hard drive to extract the contents of the installer.

i found this in the installer xml
is the openCL thing a problem

If your graphics card doesn’t have an OpenCL driver, the installer normally displays a warning.

Your graphics card driver is either out of date or was replaced by a generic Windows driver during a recent update. Please go to the graphics card manufacturer’s website and download and install the newest driver. If your graphics card manufacturer has no OpenCL support at all, you can install Intel’s OpenCL driver from here: OpenCL™ Runtimes for Intel® Processors

The minimum graphics requirement for Optics to run are:

• NVIDIA GTX 460 or better
  • AMD Radeon 57xx series or better
  • OpenGL 2.1 capable graphics card
  • OpenCL 1.1 capable graphic card
  • 1GB of graphics memory

Note: Optics does not support Intel integrated graphics cards.

Still helpful in Feb 2022! Many thanks.

A line about this, in the readme/installation file, would save a lot of people a lot of time!

HI, Is optics M1 version out yet? im fed up of switching between rosetta just for Boris optics, I wont be going through this way of working again.

Optics 2022 is M1 native and is currently available.

1 Like