How to set combination mode for multiple contours on the same layer?

—Quote (Originally by bengrossmann)—
Furthermore, I think we should be able to set individual layers and contours to be able to add, subtract, exclude, etc. I’m rotoing my butt off and realizing it’s kind of a party-pooper to write out separate mattes so that you can subtract them from each other later in a compositing app.

I think it’s enough of a deal that I just had to stop using Motor on a shot and switch to (ugh) Fusion to start over because the detail work and nuance of adding and subtracting mattes was going to preclude the advantages of motor.
—End Quote—

I agree we need blend functionality… it’s on the list as I said.
Still no need to render subtracting mattes!

The current workflow, is to deslect the subtracting layers in layer list on Save Clip.

The principle is detailed on the - 0402_Monet_Layers_Output.mov (http://www.imagineersystems.com/training/mov/0402_Monet_Layers_Output.mov) - recording. [http://www.imagineersystems.com/training/mov/0402_Monet_Layers_Output.mov ]

The specific issue is at about 02:08 on the recoding - or just use the chapter pull-down menu. (note: Linux user view the mp4 file instead)

As suggested we recommend motor testers also work through the monet recordings found at:

Hey I notice that if I have multiple contours on the same layer, they are set to exclude areas that intersect or overlap, when I really want them to add together. Seems like maybe sometimes, but less frequently, I would want the behavior that is presently used, but I don’t know where to change it, or even if I can. Any ideas?

Furthermore, I think we should be able to set individual layers and contours to be able to add, subtract, exclude, etc. I’m rotoing my butt off and realizing it’s kind of a party-pooper to write out separate mattes so that you can subtract them from each other later in a compositing app.

I think it’s enough of a deal that I just had to stop using Motor on a shot and switch to (ugh) Fusion to start over because the detail work and nuance of adding and subtracting mattes was going to preclude the advantages of motor.

Something I’ve just noticed is that if you create an additional contour on a layer that has already been keyframed the countour only seems to exist on the initial keyframed frame you have drawn it on but not on any other keyframe that already exists, even with modify range swtiched on it seems these other keyframes are not updated with the new subtract contour.

Is there a work around for this rather than having to re-draw the subtract contour in each subsequent exisiting keyframe?

Cheers,
Cal.

—Quote (Originally by bengrossmann)—
Hey I notice that if I have multiple contours on the same layer, they are set to exclude areas that intersect or overlap, when I really want them to add together. Seems like maybe sometimes, but less frequently, I would want the behavior that is presently used, but I don’t know where to change it, or even if I can. Any ideas?
—End Quote—

We are looking at blend modes… as for the current tool, to add contours just create an additional layer and link the layer to the track layer.