How to stop a credit roll midway (in terms of logos, copyright)

I want to know, if possible, how to stop a credit roll midway. Once it starts rolling the last title rolls, then stops midway. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Thank you Peter. I will certainly do that with an example clip of what I’m talking about. I’m trying to stop a roll (line) at the end of the credit lines.

Enclosed is the zip file of the project file (a one minute sample credit roll I did) and said example clip of movie credit roll.

BCC Title Studio Filez J.zip (435.5 KB)

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

If you send me the project, I’ll set up the keyframes for you along with a description of the changes that I will make to the project to facilitate the animation that you have in mind.

Cheers,
Peter.

It’s been a while and I heard no response, I found out that I had a message.

Here’s the project that I did with example clip. Thanks. I thought I have sent the file.

BCC Title Studio Filez J.zip (435.5 KB)

Please let me know if you received it, and I apologize for the long wait. I posted the problem via forum. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you,

J

Hello Jay,
I don’t know if you have figured it out yet, but here is a short tutorial showing how I would do it.

Hope it helps,
Douglas

Hi J,

Yep, I received the file from you thanks. I opened the proiect in Title Studio and see that you have all of the credits rolling up the screen nicely. To get the roll to stop midway up the screen on the last title, just go to the point in time where you wish the roll to stop. Then, click on the Title Container track and go to the Control panel. In the first tab of the Control panel (Title Animation) you should see the Position Y parameter - click in the white box next to this parameter and select “Hold” from the pop-up list. This created a hold keyframe that will stop the roll and hold position until it finds the next keyframe, which is at the end of the effect and also set to hold (by default). And you can also change the value in the Position Y parameter to adjust the position of the roll, should that be desired.

Douglas kindly posted a nice tutorial on managing credit rolls which essentially mirrors the workflow that I suggested in the text above.

Cheers,
Peter.

Thank you so much, Peter and douglas. I will certainly check it out.