How to track motion leaving the frame and come back to frame

how to track motion leaving the frame and come back to frame, what i mean, if you see any program like american got talent, or any american idol, x-factor and so, you see the actor show on stages then the camera move on audiance or judges then camera go back on actor, my question is how do i track motion for example if i want to track an actor or actress, or i want to track judges for instance, it should be some tools that let you to stop tracking at any point you want and start up at any point you want, all i have seen sfar was dealing with short clip and the object they track all present on stages or in the frame, please i appriciate any idea or suggestion, thanks in advance.

how to track motion leaving the frame and come back to frame, what i mean, if you see any program like american got talent, or any american idol, x-factor and so, you see the actor show on stages then the camera move on audiance or judges then camera go back on actor, my question is how do i track motion for example if i want to track an actor or actress, or i want to track judges for instance, it should be some tools that let you to stop tracking at any point you want and start up at any point you want, all i have seen sfar was dealing with short clip and the object they track all present on stages or in the frame, please i appriciate any idea or suggestion, thanks in advance.

thanks man i appriciate it.

thanks man i appriciate it.

hi again, i tried your way go to manual when i do not want the tracking to appear, the problem is when i go to after affect the tracking still show on intire video, i liked somthing like jibjab, so i can control over it, thank anyway.
what i ment in first place was for example i am a singure when i appear on stage i like to track my face with my friend’s face, and when th fotage doese not show me or show audiance i do not want any track motion or any spot , i like the scene stay as it is, only track when i appear on stages or fotage, thanks again.

hi again, i tried your way go to manual when i do not want the tracking to appear, the problem is when i go to after affect the tracking still show on intire video, i liked somthing like jibjab, so i can control over it, thank anyway.
what i ment in first place was for example i am a singure when i appear on stage i like to track my face with my friend’s face, and when th fotage doese not show me or show audiance i do not want any track motion or any spot , i like the scene stay as it is, only track when i appear on stages or fotage, thanks again.

If you mean how to track footage that has different cuts then we don’t recommend it. It is far more preferable to track on a shot by shot basis.

If you have no option to do it this way then you can stop the track at the cut, switch to manual tracking for the duration of the cut then go back to large motion tracking when you return to the footage you need to track, but it’s far easier to track the individual cuts.

If you mean how to track footage that has different cuts then we don’t recommend it. It is far more preferable to track on a shot by shot basis.
If you have no option to do it this way then you can stop the track at the cut, switch to manual tracking for the duration of the cut then go back to large motion tracking when you return to the footage you need to track, but it’s far easier to track the individual cuts.