How to use proxys in Mocha Pro (or lower memory usage)?

Hi, I want to use some kind of proxy on Mocha due to I’ve a 2000 frames material to do roto and it takes all my ram quickly. I don’t see any option to limit the amount of RAM also so my machine is constantly using the pagefile.
Anyone knows a way to use a proxy or lower the memory usage??
Thanks.

It worked pretty well!. My shoot is HD and works much better at half size.
Thanks!

Hi kepler,
What size are the frames? You can always roto at a smaller frame size and then relink the original source before you export to make sure it scales back to the right size, for example if you are rotoing 1920x1080 files you can use a 960x540 file to roto with then relink the 1920x1080 version before using export shapes. Just make sure you have the same frame rate, aspect ratio and number of frames.

The only downside for smaller frame sizes is making sure very tight roto is still pixel-perfect, as you lose half the resolution, but for the most part the performance balance can be worth it.

Hi Ribel,
For mocha shape effect data, it scales to your project in AE regardless of the dimensions in mocha, however tracking data and AE mask data requires the dimensions you were using in mocha to place correctly as they rely on source height and width, which is why you need to relink the file in most instances.

That is an interesting topic.
I was going to post similar question but it’s better to post it here.
Say you want to export Inset result but with double size (for better quality). The method I use is to generate upscaled sequence and relink to it - then export. Of course it is tedious to do such operation every time. Is there another way to control the dimensions of the exported data (shapes, track data, inset layers, etc.)?

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
Hi Ribel,
For mocha shape effect data, it scales to your project in AE regardless of the dimensions in mocha, however tracking data and AE mask data requires the dimensions you were using in mocha to place correctly as they rely on source height and width, which is why you need to relink the file in most instances.
—End Quote—
Thanks for reply, martinb
Unfortunately, I don’t have AE so direct export from Mocha is the only option for me.
Too bad there is no easier way to control the output resolution.