Illegal Offset ID

Mocha Pro just crashed, getting an “illegal offset ID” message when I try to open up the file, it appears to be corrupted… if anyone has any idea if this is recoverable I would be immensely appreciative as I’ve been working up this track for a day and half

Hi Scott,
What version of mocha are you using?
Thanks,
J-P

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the extra info. I’ll talk to Mary tomorrow and see if she was able to recover anything from your file. We have made some changes in 2.5.3 (currently in beta) that fix a file corruption problem, this should be released very soon.
Best regards,
J-P

Please send me the mocha file and let me take a look.
In the future, please save in versions like you would do with nuke files or other compositing software! :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Mary

Hi XYZ,
You can try to email us the file and see if we can recover it, but we unfortunately might not be able to recover files when they become corrupted. This kind of error case is best logged with our support page so we can track when and how often these bugs happen and track your case: http://www.imagineersystems.com/contact_form
Cheers,
Mary

emailing now! thank you so much, I do usually save versions, or use my time machine drive but got over excited with this new track (and time machine drive not connected). If it helps, 12 core mac pro, osx 10.6.7

Hey J-P
we have been using mocha AE that comes with CS5, and just downloaded and activated the 14 day trial of pro to see if some of the pro features would make sense in our workflow (which is where we’re having the issue). We are evaluating it for purchase for our little shop. 2.5.2 build 3520. I sent the file and the backups to Mary P. I know these things happen =) I appreciate you all taking an interest in trying to figure out what is going on.

Hi,
i got the same issue. I have Mocha for After Effects CS5 and Mocha Pro 2.6. Mocha Pro crashes everytime i try to open the file and mocha for ae says illegal offset id.
I tried it on mac and pc. No idea whats wrong.
May someone help me?
cheers, xyz