Image Size needs to fill compose size?

I am new on Mocha. I have watched some tutorials but I have a question…
I have did some experiences and what I want to know is .The image size what
will replace the track surface needs to have the composition frame size?
for example,I am tracking a LCD surface where I want to replace by another
images. the clip is full HD. The image what I want to use into the tracking
surface needs to be 1920x1080 too? I saw some tutorials where the images
were smaller than compositon size and were stretched to fill the comp .
thx
ps*sorry by my english

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Hi There,
If you are using mocha and after effects together, yes, your image sizes need to match from the clip in mocha to the target in After Effects.
If you are coming a new image into AE that is smaller than your comp size and your clip size in mocha (like an LCD screen) you will need to pre-comp that image into a composition that is the same size as the original comp in after effects and apply the tracking data to that by using “align surface” in mocha on the frame that your surface best lines up on in after effects.
If you’re using the insert tool in mocha Pro it doesn’t matter what size of image you bring in as long as the resolution is high enough to give you the results you want. It will comp right in easily.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Cheers
Mary
—End Quote—
Hello Mary,
Thanks by your support.
works great!

Hi There,
If you are using mocha and after effects together, yes, your image sizes need to match from the clip in mocha to the target in After Effects.
If you are coming a new image into AE that is smaller than your comp size and your clip size in mocha (like an LCD screen) you will need to pre-comp that image into a composition that is the same size as the original comp in after effects and apply the tracking data to that by using “align surface” in mocha on the frame that your surface best lines up on in after effects.
If you’re using the insert tool in mocha Pro it doesn’t matter what size of image you bring in as long as the resolution is high enough to give you the results you want. It will comp right in easily.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Cheers
Mary

if the images are smaller than the compostition size, we need to zoom or stretch images vb.net (VB.NET Image: Image Scaling SDK to Scale Picture / Photo) to fit the comp. but the image resolution wouldn’t be high. it may loose some quality.