Import footage error in CS5

Hi all,

I just upgraded to CS5 from CS4. I can’t import any footage since then.
When I launch Mocha, there are 2 mocha icons in the dock, which didn’t happen in CS4. When I try to import footage into mocha, one of the mocha icon in dock goes away and it displays an error message as soon as I click OK in the import window. it says: An error occur, please try again.

I am running Mocha for After Effects 2.2.0 on Mac OS 10.6.4

Does anyone have the same problem?

Mocha CS5 is specifically 64-bit compiled so we wanted to make sure there were no conflicts.

Could you try running the program in 32-bit mode to see if it makes a difference? You can access this mode via “Get Info”.

Hi mudman,
Is your system CPU 64-bit?

Hi mudman,

Is your system CPU 64-bit?

Mocha CS5 is specifically 64-bit compiled so we wanted to make sure there were no conflicts.
Could you try running the program in 32-bit mode to see if it makes a difference? You can access this mode via “Get Info”.

Hi all,
I just upgraded to CS5 from CS4. I can’t import any footage since then.
When I launch Mocha, there are 2 mocha icons in the dock, which didn’t happen in CS4. When I try to import footage into mocha, one of the mocha icon in dock goes away and it displays an error message as soon as I click OK in the import window. it says: An error occur, please try again.
I am running Mocha for After Effects 2.2.0 on Mac OS 10.6.4
Does anyone have the same problem?

Yes, Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Nehalem. 16GB RAM.
Just out of interest, what difference does it make?

Yes, Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Nehalem. 16GB RAM.
Just out of interest, what difference does it make?

it worked as soon as I changed it to 32 bit. So does it mean mocha would be slower?

it worked as soon as I changed it to 32 bit. So does it mean mocha would be slower?