Import of MP4 clips in XDCAM EX format

Though mocha Pro V3 works with various other MP4 files, it apparently does not import those created with the XDCAM EX codec. It states in the mocha user manual “These formats are either not supported directly by mocha or require additional plugins for QuickTime for your system”.

• Will an additional QuickTime plugin enable the handling of XCAM EX clips?
  • If so, where do I get it (I work in the Windows environment)?
  • If not, are there any plans for adding this capability to mocha?
    I realize I could transcode to another format, but I am trying to avoid that. Specifically, I am sending my clips from After Effects CS6 (which does handle XDCAM EX) and I would like to keep my workflow as streamlined as possible.

Peter

Hi there,
Our engine runs off of QuickTime, so there isn’t currently an in-mocha workaround, even with codecs installed on windows. Unfortunately, you will have to convert the format. We are working on more codec support in the future, but do not have a solid date for implementation of more codecs or specific codec information. We can add it as a feature request though and appreciate the feedback.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

Our engine runs off of QuickTime, so there isn’t currently an in-mocha workaround, even with codecs installed on windows. Unfortunately, you will have to convert the format. We are working on more codec support in the future, but do not have a solid date for implementation of more codecs or specific codec information. We can add it as a feature request though and appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,
Mary

Thanks Mary for your quick reply. Since XDCAM EX seems to be gaining more support (e.g. Premier Pro and After Effect as of CS6, Vegas Pro as of version 10, and others…), I would think it would make sense for Imagineer Systems to seriously consider adding support for this format. As such, I am hereby making a feature request.

All the best,
Peter

Though mocha Pro V3 works with various other MP4 files, it apparently does not import those created with the XDCAM EX codec. It states in the mocha user manual “These formats are either not supported directly by mocha or require additional plugins for QuickTime for your system”.

• Will an additional QuickTime plugin enable the handling of XCAM EX clips?
  • If so, where do I get it (I work in the Windows environment)?
  • If not, are there any plans for adding this capability to mocha?

I realize I could transcode to another format, but I am trying to avoid that. Specifically, I am sending my clips from After Effects CS6 (which does handle XDCAM EX) and I would like to keep my workflow as streamlined as possible.

Peter

Thanks Mary for your quick reply. Since XDCAM EX seems to be gaining more support (e.g. Premier Pro and After Effect as of CS6, Vegas Pro as of version 10, and others…), I would think it would make sense for Imagineer Systems to seriously consider adding support for this format. As such, I am hereby making a feature request.

All the best,
Peter