Import to AE problem

Hi- I’ve seen several similar problems to this on the boards, but been unable to solve it using previously posted advice.
I have a layer in Mocha tracking perfectly now. I can import it into AE as a Mocha Effect with no issues. However, I want to import it as a mask so I have feather options.
When I import the first frame is correct, but later frames are twisted mess of shape lines. I’ve tried aligning the surface to the first frame. No luck.
Frame rate, image size, frame paste are all matching.
Using most recent version of AE and Mocha.

Thanks the effect past is working fine, but not the mask paste.

The surface tool does seem to be going crazy. How can I reset it to just flat matching the corners? I haven’t been able to find that on the boards either.

Thanks for your super fast reply. I appreciate it as a beginner working with a tough learning curve.

That’s what I figured: I didn’t pay attention to the surface during the track.
Ok, thanks again for the help. You have great support.

Hi- I’ve seen several similar problems to this on the boards, but been unable to solve it using previously posted advice.

I have a layer in Mocha tracking perfectly now. I can import it into AE as a Mocha Effect with no issues. However, I want to import it as a mask so I have feather options.

When I import the first frame is correct, but later frames are twisted mess of shape lines. I’ve tried aligning the surface to the first frame. No luck.

Frame rate, image size, frame paste are all matching.

Using most recent version of AE and Mocha.

Thanks the effect past is working fine, but not the mask paste.
The surface tool does seem to be going crazy. How can I reset it to just flat matching the corners? I haven’t been able to find that on the boards either.
Thanks for your super fast reply. I appreciate it as a beginner working with a tough learning curve.

That’s what I figured: I didn’t pay attention to the surface during the track.

Ok, thanks again for the help. You have great support.

No problem! Glad to help!

He there,
You will want to try pasting this in as an effect, if the spline is going crazy when you paste it in as a spline.
But check the track in mocha and make sure the surface tool is not going crazy. That might be what’s causing the incorrect import.
Cheers,
Mary

He there,

You will want to try pasting this in as an effect, if the spline is going crazy when you paste it in as a spline.

But check the track in mocha and make sure the surface tool is not going crazy. That might be what’s causing the incorrect import.

Cheers,
Mary

“Thanks the effect past is working fine, but not the mask paste.”
-Thats what I thought. I told you that as a workaround.
-The surface tool is representative of what is going on with the track. The shape distortion is due to the surface corner going behind mocha’s “camera” when the track is moving. You can reset the surface tool with the surface alignment tool in the layer properties, directly under the layers “align surface corners to edges of frame.”
You might need to just use the mocha shape for this one if all the work is already done, but in the future you will need to watch what the track is doing, because the shape won’t show you. Only the surface and grid tool indicate what the track is doing, and the splines move along with the track, but you can’t always determine the track based on the splines.
Have you checked out our into videos on the website or “how mocha thinks” video?
:slight_smile:
Mary

“Thanks the effect past is working fine, but not the mask paste.”
-Thats what I thought. I told you that as a workaround.

-The surface tool is representative of what is going on with the track. The shape distortion is due to the surface corner going behind mocha’s “camera” when the track is moving. You can reset the surface tool with the surface alignment tool in the layer properties, directly under the layers “align surface corners to edges of frame.”

You might need to just use the mocha shape for this one if all the work is already done, but in the future you will need to watch what the track is doing, because the shape won’t show you. Only the surface and grid tool indicate what the track is doing, and the splines move along with the track, but you can’t always determine the track based on the splines.

Have you checked out our into videos on the website or “how mocha thinks” video?

:slight_smile:
Mary

No problem! Glad to help!