Importing a Matte Clip: only last frame of png sequence is importing

Hi everyone,
im fairly new to Mocha Pro and was following along with the Mary Poplin’s awesome tutorial ’ Mocha Pro: Solving Complex Object Removes’ https://vimeo.com/247566968 using my own footage of a busy freeway.

I successfully exported out my roto shapes of cars as rendered shapes into a png image sequence, (using this naming convention ‘car_roto_25’ etc) however when I try to import the ‘roto shape’ png image sequence back in through the Matte Clip pull down menu (as per 01:19 in the tutorial), I only seem to be importing the last image from the roto shapes image sequence.

I should note I have set Project In/Out points in my timeline so my Matte clip is a render of frame 477 to 583. Perhaps this is an issue?

Im sure Ive overlooked a step, can someone please point me in the right direction?

Hopefully this is enough information, and thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Loving learning Mocha Pro!

Gareth

Hi Gareth, this is a bug that we have a fix for in the next point release. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will have this fixed soon.

Hi Mary
thanks for the super quick reply! Is the bug affecting all image sequence formats when importing a matte clip? Im still finding my way in Mocha, so if there is an alternative method I could try when rotoing out lots of cars for a remove?

Also thanks for putting out really concise and easy to follow tutorials. Your explanations about why you are doing things a particular way, really helps in understanding the process and thinking.

Gareth
Australia

Yes, right now it only shows the first frame. But I think it is only a visual bug, what happens when you try to track underneath the matte?

Hi Mary
I wanted to hold off replying until I eliminated beginner user error and after trying various things I managed to get it working. (I think the update fixed the issue? maybe it wasnt me, im not sure). Thank you for your help!

We should have a fix with the next point release.

Still having the same problem and I just updated.

Thanks for letting me know. We fixed the matte 8-bit conversion but not this issue. We have a fixed scheduled for the matte sequencing issue. We will fit it in as soon as possible. It did not make it into the last release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Mary

Glad it will be fixed soon :slight_smile: Thank you for all your great and hard works.