Importing Mattes

This might be a dumb question but I’m new to mocha… I have project with lots of screen fills and people walking in front of the screens. A lot of the shots have had the people rotoscoped already. I know that you can Import the mattes into mocha, with this help with the screen tracking? Best part of this project is it was shot on a steadicam so lots of motion blur and movements… let know thanks.

No problem!

Hi There,
Yes, importing the mattes will help you if you put them in the layer above your track. Simply:

1. Draw any shape in mocha
  2. Go to the matte clip dropdown menu in layer proporties
  3. import your black and while mattes for the people
  4. Draw your tracking shape
  5. Move it below your matte layer in the layer pile
  6. Track
    If you just have everything rotoed in mocha, just drop the layer under the roto layers in mocha. If motion blur is messing you up, make the mattes larger in another program and re-render and re-import them.
    Cheers,
    Mary

Hi There,

Yes, importing the mattes will help you if you put them in the layer above your track. Simply:

1. Draw any shape in mocha
  2. Go to the matte clip dropdown menu in layer proporties
  3. import your black and while mattes for the people
  4. Draw your tracking shape
  5. Move it below your matte layer in the layer pile
  6. Track

If you just have everything rotoed in mocha, just drop the layer under the roto layers in mocha. If motion blur is messing you up, make the mattes larger in another program and re-render and re-import them.

Cheers,
Mary

No problem!

This might be a dumb question but I’m new to mocha… I have project with lots of screen fills and people walking in front of the screens. A lot of the shots have had the people rotoscoped already. I know that you can Import the mattes into mocha, with this help with the screen tracking? Best part of this project is it was shot on a steadicam so lots of motion blur and movements… let know thanks.

Seems to be helping out a lot. I’m still working out my work flow with mocha and this is going to save me so much time! Thanks!

Seems to be helping out a lot. I’m still working out my work flow with mocha and this is going to save me so much time! Thanks!