Importing problems

Hi all,
Hope everyone had a good new years
Im having some issues importing a .Mov clip into mocha ae.
I select the clip, I click on cache clip, the caching completes but the video doesnt show up on mocha,
what am I doing wrong
thanks in advance

Twimmy,

Can you load the file into QuickTime and play it?

Try a straight jpg conversion instead. If you still can’t see it then this is most likely an openGL issue.

Do not use cache clip unless you are planning on using footage in mocha via a slow server connection. Please try loading a clip without using cache.

Twimmy,
Can you load the file into QuickTime and play it?
Try a straight jpg conversion instead. If you still can’t see it then this is most likely an openGL issue.
Do not use cache clip unless you are planning on using footage in mocha via a slow server connection. Please try loading a clip without using cache.

Please email me your log located in the help menu: martinb[at]imagineersystems.com

Please email me your log located in the help menu: martinb[at]imagineersystems.com

Hi Twimmy,

I am mary.poplin on Skype, I think I’m going to have to connect with you and see what is going on here to diagnose your issue, because it sounds like there is more to the problem. Can you please contact me on Skype and we can set up a meeting.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi There!

When mocha can’t read footage, either the codec is something that mocha doesn’t like and it can’t read it, or you need to update your graphics card drivers (find what model your card is and get the latest driver off their support site) and make sure you have the latest version of quicktime.

If you want to test to see if it’s the codec, try loading in a TIFF or JPEG sequence and seeing if that also loads black. If either sequence loads fine, we definitely have a codec issue. You’ll need to try a different codec setting for your footage going into mocha.

Let me know how this goes!

Cheers,
Mary

Hi There!
When mocha can’t read footage, either the codec is something that mocha doesn’t like and it can’t read it, or you need to update your graphics card drivers (find what model your card is and get the latest driver off their support site) and make sure you have the latest version of quicktime.
If you want to test to see if it’s the codec, try loading in a TIFF or JPEG sequence and seeing if that also loads black. If either sequence loads fine, we definitely have a codec issue. You’ll need to try a different codec setting for your footage going into mocha.
Let me know how this goes!
Cheers,
Mary

Hi Twimmy,
I am mary.poplin on Skype, I think I’m going to have to connect with you and see what is going on here to diagnose your issue, because it sounds like there is more to the problem. Can you please contact me on Skype and we can set up a meeting.
Cheers,
Mary

I also get an error that says " an error has occured whilst rendering: failed to texture image"

Hi Martin,
yes the video clip plays in QuickTime
I used a video to jpeg converter to convert the video into jpegs, but when I try to load the jpegs, I still get the same error message

I also get an error that says " an error has occured whilst rendering: failed to texture image"

heres a screenshot of what I am seeing after I select the file to be imported

heres a screenshot of what I am seeing after I select the file to be imported

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2503/del1.png

I have also tried to import a simple jpg image into mocha and I get the same error message about rendering

Hi MP

thanks for the reply,

I imported the .mov file into adobe media encoder cs4 and changed the file to TIFF and tried to import that into mocha, still no luck

I also have the latest driver for graphics card installed

Maybe I done something wrong whilst changing mov to tiff??

Im not sure

Hi MP
thanks for the reply,
I imported the .mov file into adobe media encoder cs4 and changed the file to TIFF and tried to import that into mocha, still no luck
I also have the latest driver for graphics card installed
Maybe I done something wrong whilst changing mov to tiff??
Im not sure

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a good new years

Im having some issues importing a .Mov clip into mocha ae.

I select the clip, I click on cache clip, the caching completes but the video doesnt show up on mocha,

what am I doing wrong

thanks in advance

also you mentioned codecs, which codec pack should I download ?

also you mentioned codecs, which codec pack should I download ?