Importing Quicktime

I’m not sure what the deal is, but, I logged and captured all of the footage into Final Cut Pro. From there I duplicated the clips into a separate Folder on my desktop where I could play with Motor. Those clips on the desktop are the ones Motor will not allow me to access.

So, I went back into FCP and exported one of the clips using Quicktime Conversion. I exported one clip as a Microcosm Quicktime movie. I exported another clip using Quicktime conversion and exported a Tiff Image Sequence. I had NO PROBLEM opening both of these in Motor.

So, what is the deal that Motor will not recognize the ‘originally’ captured clips in their native Quicktime format?

—Quote (Originally by KeithHill)—
I’m trying to start a New Project and am starting from the New project Wizard. I have several clips of a music video that are recorded 23.98 fps Quicktime on my desktop.

When trying to select ‘Clip to Import’ I go to the Folder I have the clips stored but they are not able to be selected for some reason. I went to the top of the wizard and selected the .mov, .qt. MOV, .QT but nothing is visible to select. It’s all grayed out so-to-speak.

Did I miss something?
—End Quote—

O.K I assume you are using a Mac OSX 10.4.X; can you give me some more information on the file in particular I would like to know when you load the clip in quicktime player and look at movie info(Cmd I) what format the player thinks the clip is. And I would like to know whether or not the Quicktime player can correctly play the clip?

This certainly sounds like an odd issue.

After dealing with this overnight and sleeping on it I’ve discovered the issue. It appears that when capturing into FCP (and, yes, I’m at 10.4.9 OS X and with all updates) the application doesn’t tag the clips with an ‘extension’. Using Motors’ New Project Wizard’ Enable Menu I went through and selected the last selection which deals with extension-less clips and ‘bingo’.

I’m trying to start a New Project and am starting from the New project Wizard. I have several clips of a music video that are recorded 23.98 fps Quicktime on my desktop.

When trying to select ‘Clip to Import’ I go to the Folder I have the clips stored but they are not able to be selected for some reason. I went to the top of the wizard and selected the .mov, .qt. MOV, .QT but nothing is visible to select. It’s all grayed out so-to-speak.

Did I miss something?