Incorrect dimensions when starting a new project

Hey guys,

Can anyone help me please? I have been up all night trying to work this out and it is driving me insane. :frowning:

I have a movie file that is 720576 but when I create a new project in Mocha the dimensions that are imported are 720404. Is anyone else having this problem? I have searched for an answer and I can’t seem to find one, although I can’t seem to see that anyone else is having the same problem :frowning: I am also not ruling out the fact that I might be overlooking some important detail that says that Mocha can’t import certain file dimensions without having to resize them. (This happens to me a lot :p)

I suppose I could convert my original file into a smaller dimension but I am getting these files from my brother’s camcorder and I really don’t want to have to convert every video he makes.

Wondering to myself if this problem was only happening with the above file dimensions so I tried to import a few more movies with different dimensions.

I have tried importing a movie file that is 320*240 which gets imported no problem.

I tried to import one that is 352240 and it gets resized to 320240.

I tried to import one that is 560320 and it gets resized to 508320.

Like I said I have been up all night trying to solve different problems but I am sure that if this one gets solve my other AE/Mocha problems will fall into place. :slight_smile:

Just in case you need to know I am using Adobe After Effects CS4 with Mocha for After Effects CS4

Thank you in advance.