Interlace Footage Bug

Hi Mary,
I am just trying to wrap my head around this “bug”, and would like some clarification.
When I track some interlaced footage in 2.6.0 and export the transform data and paste it onto a null in After Effects, it works perfectly. I don’t do anything special to the footage in After Effects other than import it and delete/reset the anchor point of the null.
When I do the same procedure in 3.0.1, the tracking data is off in After Effects. I have found a couple of things that say I need to adjust the footage in After Effects for interlaced, but there is no clear procedure on how to do this, only workarounds which seem confusing.
Can you please confirm how this works? One of the tricks I read was to import as interlaced with lower field first at 59.97, and then pre comp that into a 29.97 comp. Does that sound right?
Thanks for all of your help.

Hi there,
Sorry, I’m not 100% sure which bug you’re talking about but your frame rate should match across the board, and so should your aspect ratio and resolution. If you have an image you’re trying to comp in that is not the same size as your intended comp, you will need to precomp that in a comp that is the proper size.
Is this a continuation of a previous thread? And what is the exact procedure you are using? What process are you referencing about doubling up the frame rate?
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

Sorry, I’m not 100% sure which bug you’re talking about but your frame rate should match across the board, and so should your aspect ratio and resolution. If you have an image you’re trying to comp in that is not the same size as your intended comp, you will need to precomp that in a comp that is the proper size.

Is this a continuation of a previous thread? And what is the exact procedure you are using? What process are you referencing about doubling up the frame rate?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary,

I am just trying to wrap my head around this “bug”, and would like some clarification.

When I track some interlaced footage in 2.6.0 and export the transform data and paste it onto a null in After Effects, it works perfectly. I don’t do anything special to the footage in After Effects other than import it and delete/reset the anchor point of the null.

When I do the same procedure in 3.0.1, the tracking data is off in After Effects. I have found a couple of things that say I need to adjust the footage in After Effects for interlaced, but there is no clear procedure on how to do this, only workarounds which seem confusing.

Can you please confirm how this works? One of the tricks I read was to import as interlaced with lower field first at 59.97, and then pre comp that into a 29.97 comp. Does that sound right?

Thanks for all of your help.