Interpreting mocha x-spline in export file

Hello,
I am creating a custom authoring tool that needs to import mocha x-spline data and draw the splines on top of a video as they appear in Adobe. The export has the x-spline X,Y values, but only for key frames. In my tool, I need to figure out how to interpolate the data for the intermediate non-key frames. The file contains tables for Translation, Rotation, Scale, Shear, and Perspective. And it appears to have the data in these tables for each frame. I am looking for guidance on how to interpret these tables. That is to say, for a non-key frame, how to I use those tables to determine what the X,Y value of a point is for that frame?

Hi David,

The data in our shape export for AE is proprietary and relies on Mocha code to interpret it, so we can’t help with this request.

Instead of using the AE format, I’d recommend you use the SSF format, which can be exported from Mocha Pro. This is a well documented, industry standard format and is fully keyframed so no interpolation is necessary.

Best regards,

J-P

J-P,

Thank you for the quick response. I will ask the Adobe user to export using the SSF format and see where that leads us. I did some googling on SSF specification but I couldn’t find a clear winner. What does SSF mean? Is there another name for it? Or can you point me to the specification? Thanks again for your help.

Hi David,

SSF stands for Shake Shape Format, it’s a format from Apple’s now defunct Shake compositor. The spec for it is in the Shake SDK, which can be downloaded from Apple’s developer website. When you get to the download page, search for “shake” and you’ll find it.

Best regards,

J-P