Is Motion blur data in Mocha 2?

So the new version of Mocha is out and I noticed this on the product page:

•motion blur data included in tracking data export

How does one access this motion blur data and will it work with CS3? It seems this aspect of Mocha is the one that most people have been requesting and it would be great if it has been resolved

all the best

rich

did anyone test hows the render speed regarding the use of the motion blur data from mocha to ae in aecs3 or cs4? will it use multi cpus available on a machine pc? regardless of resolution and i hope it wont result artifacting on the edges of small splines very close to each other like on the current mocha version.

Hi Rich,

The motion blur data comes in as part of the corner pin data. It works in both CS3 and CS4 (It probably works all the way back to AE 6, but I haven’t tested it older than CS3). Of course, you still need to turn on motion blur for the layer and the comp in AE to render it.

Best regards,

J-P

Hi Francis,

The motion-blur rendering in After Effects isn’t a plug-in feature, we are just providing the tracking data in a slightly different way, which now gives AE what it needs to render motion blur. The performance and accuracy of the blur rendering is entirely down to AE. It will probably be faster in CS4 as I think it uses more GPU acceleration.

Best regards,

J-P

That is indeed outstanding news. Thanks for the info

all the best

rich