Issues on OSX

I’ve downloaded and installed Mocha and have noticed a couple of things I thought might be helpful to pass along. All of the products are new to me, so these may be user errors.

• Move inner points not working. Moves both inner and edge together. Was working fine with Motor, same shot, same process.

• Tried to rename a bottom layer, crashes app every time. Layer was hidden, I tried to show layer and rename, but same problem. Renamed the top layer without issue.

• Is there a manual? Tried launching Manual from Help, but nothing happens.

Thanks, more to come.
Troy

—Quote (Originally by troy)—
• Move inner points not working. Moves both inner and edge together. Was working fine with Motor, same shot, same process.
—End Quote—

Thank you we have confirmed this is a bug.

• Tried to rename a bottom layer, crashes app every time. Layer was hidden, I tried to show layer and rename, but same problem. Renamed the top layer without issue.
—End Quote—

We can not reproduce this, please provide as much detail as possible regarding system specs, work flow etc.

Ideally also send us the project file.

• Is there a manual? Tried launching Manual from Help, but nothing happens.
—End Quote—

We are still compiling the manual, should be up early next week.

In the meantime, please refer to the Quickstart video (http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/mocha/mocha_tutorial.mp4). Also refer to Motor manual as far as the roto elements are concerned.

I’m more than happy to send you the project, how best to do this?
Troy
—End Quote—

Zip and attach to the post.

Email support@imagineersystems.com (please reference the url of this thread - http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showthread.php?p=634#post634 )

Or upload to FTP.
FTP account:
server: ftp.imagineersystems.com
username: imgforum
password: imgforum

direct link: ftp://imgforum:imgforum@ftp.imagineersystems.com/

Bear in mind this ftp account is not private!

Hey Jay,

I’m working on a G5 3GHz Quad-Core / 8GB Ram / OS 10.4.9. I’m working with a tiff sequence - maybe 40 frames. I can rename any of the layers, but not the first layer without crashing.

And in terms of crashing, I’m crashing alot. After every keyframe I set, I save. I spent the entire day yesterday working on one shot and crashed approximately 20 times. Most of the time I find this happens when I zoom holding down ‘z’, and then quickly switching to ‘x’ to pan. But it’s also happened when lassoing several points and moving them.

I’m more than happy to send you the project, how best to do this?

Troy