Issues with Boot Camp install

My project finally finished, and I had a chance to do more tests. With the latest Mac OSX updates for BootCamp and other system updates, the program now works again. TRIPLE BUFFERING and FORCE 24-BIT Z-BUFFER DEPTH are both unchecked and they may have been checked before.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi nsavides,
Can you let me know the following:

• What codecs you are using for the Quicktime files
  • What point version of mocha you are using

Hi nsavides,

Can you let me know the following:

• What codecs you are using for the Quicktime files
  • What point version of mocha you are using

Can you try an image sequence? If that works it could be Quicktime, but the viewport issues suggest a graphics driver problem.

What is your texture RAM set to in preferences inside mocha? It should be no more than 75% of the available RAM on your graphics card.

—Quote (Originally by nsavides)—
In doing more tests, I noticed that even without loading a clip, Mocha will sometimes show bits of the desktop. I have not seen my video editing software do this, although I saw something similar when I tried to load Softimage XSI on this machine a few weeks ago. I have uninstalled that program a while ago.
—End Quote—
When this happened, was the part of the desktop showing in the viewport or the GUI?
I think this may be an openGL issue. Are you running After Effects with openGL enabled?

In doing more tests, I noticed that even without loading a clip, Mocha will sometimes show bits of the desktop. I have not seen my video editing software do this, although I saw something similar when I tried to load Softimage XSI on this machine a few weeks ago. I have uninstalled that program a while ago.
—End Quote—
When this happened, was the part of the desktop showing in the viewport or the GUI?

I think this may be an openGL issue. Are you running After Effects with openGL enabled?

Can you try an image sequence? If that works it could be Quicktime, but the viewport issues suggest a graphics driver problem.
What is your texture RAM set to in preferences inside mocha? It should be no more than 75% of the available RAM on your graphics card.

Image sequences do the same thing. It doesn’t matter what the RAM texture prefs are. I’ve tried everything from 128 to 2000 MB.
I have a project that I’m racing to finish soon, so if there is no fix that you know, please help me switch the licensing to a different machine. I tried on my own and it doesn’t work and your support pages don’t mention it.
—End Quote—
Since it seems to be a specific driver problem I will have to investigate this further, so in the mean time can you send me the host id of the other machine and i’ll set you up: martinb[at]imagineersystems(dot)com

Image sequences do the same thing. It doesn’t matter what the RAM texture prefs are. I’ve tried everything from 128 to 2000 MB.

I have a project that I’m racing to finish soon, so if there is no fix that you know, please help me switch the licensing to a different machine. I tried on my own and it doesn’t work and your support pages don’t mention it.
—End Quote—
Since it seems to be a specific driver problem I will have to investigate this further, so in the mean time can you send me the host id of the other machine and i’ll set you up: martinb[at]imagineersystems(dot)com

It was showing in the area where the video normally displays in Mocha (the viewport?). It was not showing in the controls area or the GUI. Sometimes it is just the NEW PROJECT WIZARD window that remains in the viewing area.
Yes, I am using Open GL in After Effects. In the Preferences for AE it lists that everything is supported for Open GL except ANTIALIASING and MOTION BLUR. I haven’t seen any problems with Open GL previews in AE.
If it is an Open GL issue, what can I do? I haven’t seen a separate Open GL update from ATI.
If the software cannot work on my current machine, what would be the process for switching the single-node license to a different machine?
Thanks for your help.
-Nick

Hello,
I purchased a stand-alone version of Mocha for my 2.16 dual core iMac (late 2006) with 3 GB of RAM. I am running Boot Camp on it with Windows XP Pro, SP3. My version of the Adobe Production Suite is for XP, so I’m using Windows until I upgrade my Adobe programs. That’s why I got the Windows XP edition of Mocha.

I have the latest version of Boot Camp, and I also have updated my drivers from ATI for the Boot Camp specific update. The Adobe Production Suite works fine, but I have not been able to load a single video clip into Mocha.

Mocha confirms that the license key is active, but the screen goes white or it shows a bit of the desktop when I load any video clip. I have tried different video files, from HD to 720x480 to 320x240. All of these files play fine on QuickTime or in Adobe Premiere, but they don’t load in Mocha.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling and that did not help. I also reloaded the license file license.lic I was given into the mocha V1 folder. The install goes to the default location in the C: drive.

Any ideas? If necessary, I suppose I can try to switch the license for my XP laptop, but I’d prefer to use the iMac.

Hello,
I purchased a stand-alone version of Mocha for my 2.16 dual core iMac (late 2006) with 3 GB of RAM. I am running Boot Camp on it with Windows XP Pro, SP3. My version of the Adobe Production Suite is for XP, so I’m using Windows until I upgrade my Adobe programs. That’s why I got the Windows XP edition of Mocha.
I have the latest version of Boot Camp, and I also have updated my drivers from ATI for the Boot Camp specific update. The Adobe Production Suite works fine, but I have not been able to load a single video clip into Mocha.
Mocha confirms that the license key is active, but the screen goes white or it shows a bit of the desktop when I load any video clip. I have tried different video files, from HD to 720x480 to 320x240. All of these files play fine on QuickTime or in Adobe Premiere, but they don’t load in Mocha.
I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling and that did not help. I also reloaded the license file license.lic I was given into the mocha V1 folder. The install goes to the default location in the C: drive.
Any ideas? If necessary, I suppose I can try to switch the license for my XP laptop, but I’d prefer to use the iMac.

It was showing in the area where the video normally displays in Mocha (the viewport?). It was not showing in the controls area or the GUI. Sometimes it is just the NEW PROJECT WIZARD window that remains in the viewing area.

Yes, I am using Open GL in After Effects. In the Preferences for AE it lists that everything is supported for Open GL except ANTIALIASING and MOTION BLUR. I haven’t seen any problems with Open GL previews in AE.

If it is an Open GL issue, what can I do? I haven’t seen a separate Open GL update from ATI.

If the software cannot work on my current machine, what would be the process for switching the single-node license to a different machine?

Thanks for your help.
-Nick

Hello,
I am using Mocha Version 1.5.2 build 1758 according to the ABOUT section.
The most recent codecs I tried were 720x480 H264 files. These files play fine on QuickTime and load successfully onto vimeo.com. I tried Cineform .movs in the past and perhaps Sorensen codecs, but I am not certain. I will try any codec you recommend.
Since XSI did something similar, I suspect a strange quirk with my graphics card, the ATI Radeon X1600, but again I have ATI’s latest drivers for my system. Also, I don’t understand why my graphics card can handle complex HD scenes in After Effects but then have difficulty loading one small video clip, less than 5 minutes in length, inside of Mocha. It would make more sense if it crashed upon tracking, but I haven’t been able to even import one low-res file size.

Hello,
I am using Mocha Version 1.5.2 build 1758 according to the ABOUT section.

The most recent codecs I tried were 720x480 H264 files. These files play fine on QuickTime and load successfully onto vimeo.com. I tried Cineform .movs in the past and perhaps Sorensen codecs, but I am not certain. I will try any codec you recommend.

Since XSI did something similar, I suspect a strange quirk with my graphics card, the ATI Radeon X1600, but again I have ATI’s latest drivers for my system. Also, I don’t understand why my graphics card can handle complex HD scenes in After Effects but then have difficulty loading one small video clip, less than 5 minutes in length, inside of Mocha. It would make more sense if it crashed upon tracking, but I haven’t been able to even import one low-res file size.

My project finally finished, and I had a chance to do more tests. With the latest Mac OSX updates for BootCamp and other system updates, the program now works again. TRIPLE BUFFERING and FORCE 24-BIT Z-BUFFER DEPTH are both unchecked and they may have been checked before.
Thanks again for your help.