Keyboard shortcuts

I just upgraded to v3 and have noticed a number of shortcuts have changed. I’ve pretty much been able to adjust to most of them, but one that seems to have changed and does not have an equivalent is the Ctrl key when using selected points.
When moving a number of points at a time I can deselect one point at a time as I adjust the remaining selected points into their new position (fine tuning roto).
It’s really cut into my workflow. Is there a new shortcut/modifier, can I have the old shortcut/modifier back, or can someone suggest a better way to accomplish what I’m trying to do?
thanks!
bruce

If you need to deselect/select points one at a time, you should be able to use the shift key.

If you need to deselect/select points one at a time, you should be able to use the shift key.

Thanks Bruce. I will pass on feedback and see what we can do for later versions.

Thanks Bruce. I will pass on feedback and see what we can do for later versions.

Hi Bruce, not just yet.

We will be adding more customisable shortcut keys later so you will be able to restore this, but I can’t guarantee which version. Sorry for the delay!

Hi Bruce, not just yet.
We will be adding more customisable shortcut keys later so you will be able to restore this, but I can’t guarantee which version. Sorry for the delay!

—Quote (Originally by pryzm)—
No worries, thanks for the reply Martin, I appreciate it!
Hopefully it’s not just the key mapping but the original way the Ctrl key worked?! (Maybe in the original programming it was an unintended consequence and it just worked like that?! :smiley: )
One thing I have noticed is that the shift key will work similarly on occasion, but I can’t seem to nail down in when/why to be able reproduce it and use it. It mostly just deselects/selects points.
thanks again,
bruce
—End Quote—
We moved to the shift key when we added the ability to select points from multiple layers. There are a couple of situations where shift-selection and marquee selection can be a problem when you are selecting splines from different layers and haven’t clicked the next layer to add it to the group. In most case you have to shift-select a point in a different shape and then you can shift-drag to add more points.

—Quote (Originally by pryzm)—

Hopefully it’s not just the key mapping but the original way the Ctrl key worked?! (Maybe in the original programming it was an unintended consequence and it just worked like that?! :smiley: )

One thing I have noticed is that the shift key will work similarly on occasion, but I can’t seem to nail down in when/why to be able reproduce it and use it. It mostly just deselects/selects points.

thanks again,

bruce
—End Quote—
We moved to the shift key when we added the ability to select points from multiple layers. There are a couple of situations where shift-selection and marquee selection can be a problem when you are selecting splines from different layers and haven’t clicked the next layer to add it to the group. In most case you have to shift-select a point in a different shape and then you can shift-drag to add more points.

I just upgraded to v3 and have noticed a number of shortcuts have changed. I’ve pretty much been able to adjust to most of them, but one that seems to have changed and does not have an equivalent is the Ctrl key when using selected points.

When moving a number of points at a time I can deselect one point at a time as I adjust the remaining selected points into their new position (fine tuning roto).

It’s really cut into my workflow. Is there a new shortcut/modifier, can I have the old shortcut/modifier back, or can someone suggest a better way to accomplish what I’m trying to do?

thanks!

bruce

Thanks Martin for the reply. yeah, I do know about the shift key, but what I was after was the way that it has behaved in previous versions (if possible).
For example, say you select five points, you can drag them all by clicking and dragging just one of the points. If you hold down the control key and click on any one of the points, the point you click becomes unselected and immovable while you can continue to drag the other points into place.
The shift key works, but it’s not as smooth or as speedy as the previous way it was done.
I hope this makes sense.
thanks again,
bruce

Thanks Martin for the reply. yeah, I do know about the shift key, but what I was after was the way that it has behaved in previous versions (if possible).

For example, say you select five points, you can drag them all by clicking and dragging just one of the points. If you hold down the control key and click on any one of the points, the point you click becomes unselected and immovable while you can continue to drag the other points into place.

The shift key works, but it’s not as smooth or as speedy as the previous way it was done.

I hope this makes sense.

thanks again,

bruce

Hey Martin,
Hope you had good holidays?
Any news as to if/when this functionality will be brought back? I’ve tried to get used to the “shift” tool, but it’s just not working as efficient as previous. I’m REALLY hoping this functionality doesn’t get lost.
thanks,
bruce

Hey Martin,

Hope you had good holidays?

Any news as to if/when this functionality will be brought back? I’ve tried to get used to the “shift” tool, but it’s just not working as efficient as previous. I’m REALLY hoping this functionality doesn’t get lost.

thanks,

bruce

thanks again,
bruce

thanks again,

bruce

Thanks Martin for the response. That makes sense, it also makes me feel you guys are really on top of it! I look forward to hearing more as things progress.
Thanks!
bruce

Thanks Martin for the response. That makes sense, it also makes me feel you guys are really on top of it! I look forward to hearing more as things progress.

Thanks!

bruce