Latest Update gives me very bad tracking results

Here are three screen recordings.

The first is Mocha Pro AVX from this morning (before an update). All looks as expected.

Second is applying BCC+Grade and tracking with mocha mask. Bad tracking results.

The third is AFTER I updated to the latest Mocha Pro update. Tracking is terrible, much like with the BCC filter.

I’m going to roll back the update, and presume it will be back to the expected tracking.

Harry Miller
macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Mac mini (2018)
3.2 mGHz Intel Core i732 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Avid Media Composer MC_2021.11 b2
BCC 2022 (v15.0.0) beta 5
MochaPro2022-AVX-9.0.1-49.g18e5e8f59b54.mac

Down graded to MochaPro2021-AVX-8.0.3-19.gad747e6f19f1.mac, and it works fine. See linked video.

The project is 23.976, 1920x1080P. Nothing special about the media.

Harry

Thank you Harry for reporting this to us. I’m quite surprised to hear about the tracking issues that you’re seeing with this new update and will chat about that with the teams involved.

Thanks,
Peter.

Harry, can you try turning OFF your GPU processing in Mocha preferences and restart the host?

The only difference I see between the good and bad tracking is you don’t have GPU tracking turned on in v8.0.3.

I suspect the Mac Mini Intel GPU doesn’t like tracking, which is why we got you to turn it off in v8.0.3.

You are correct AGAIN Martin. I don’t have a good excuse why I don’t check this every time. It works great now with the GPU off. And Mocha within the other BCC+ filters also works great.

Thank you for your patience and help.

Harry

1 Like