Layers/Export Question

I have a long pan which is impossible to track with just one spline. So I did several, and put them on separate layers. But when I try to export the tracker data, it only exports data for the selected layer. How can I get it to export the data for every layer? Or do all the splines need to be on one layer?

Is there a way to combine all layers so I don’t have to track everything again?

Help please? Thanks.

I have a long pan which is impossible to track with just one spline. So I did several, and put them on separate layers. But when I try to export the tracker data, it only exports data for the selected layer. How can I get it to export the data for every layer? Or do all the splines need to be on one layer?
Is there a way to combine all layers so I don’t have to track everything again?
Help please? Thanks.

Martin’s suggestion is the best way to do this in future, but it may be possible to recover the work you’ve done so far. Be careful though - it might be quicker to re-track than start messing around with this!

You can combine the corner pin data from several layers in After Effects. You need to accurately align the four corners of the surface in mocha on some distinctive points in the image. Make sure your different layers overlap in time by at least one frame. Match the surface position at the beginning of one layer with the surface position at the end of the previous layer - you will need to do this by eye if you have more than two layers. If you only have two layers, you can align the surface to the corners of the image using the align surface button.

Of course, if you have a huge pan, this might not be practical as there might be no suitable image features that are visible the whole time, and you can only view the surface from one layer at a time so it would be hard to match them by eye.

If you only need transform data (translation, rotation, scale) then just export all the layers and paste the keyframes sequentially on the same layer in after effects. The surface positions don’t matter in this case.

Martin’s suggestion is the best way to do this in future, but it may be possible to recover the work you’ve done so far. Be careful though - it might be quicker to re-track than start messing around with this!
You can combine the corner pin data from several layers in After Effects. You need to accurately align the four corners of the surface in mocha on some distinctive points in the image. Make sure your different layers overlap in time by at least one frame. Match the surface position at the beginning of one layer with the surface position at the end of the previous layer - you will need to do this by eye if you have more than two layers. If you only have two layers, you can align the surface to the corners of the image using the align surface button.
Of course, if you have a huge pan, this might not be practical as there might be no suitable image features that are visible the whole time, and you can only view the surface from one layer at a time so it would be hard to match them by eye.
If you only need transform data (translation, rotation, scale) then just export all the layers and paste the keyframes sequentially on the same layer in after effects. The surface positions don’t matter in this case.

In order to track with multiple areas at once you should use the Add to Layer button, rather than create new layers. These tools are located next to the normal draw layer tools and have a plus sign with the type of spline on them.

In order to track with multiple areas at once you should use the Add to Layer button, rather than create new layers. These tools are located next to the normal draw layer tools and have a plus sign with the type of spline on them.