LE to Full Edition

Hi guys,
Just wanted to point out that not being able to open projects created in the Learning Edition by the Fully Licensed product is pretty ridiculous and frustrating.
We were working on a project while waiting to get site licenses for Mocha Pro. Got our tracks done and mattes made while dealing with the 10-frame limitation while waiting for the full version. Once we got the licenses, we had to completely re-do everything we had created due to this stupid limitation.
You should probably work this out in a better way for future releases.

Thanks for the quick response, though we’ve already just recreated the work we had lost.

It’s my fault for not understanding the EULA, but the fact that LE projects cannot be opened by fully licensed seats of Mocha Pro should probably be highlighted in the splash screen or an additional prompt while using the software.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to point out that not being able to open projects created in the Learning Edition by the Fully Licensed product is pretty ridiculous and frustrating.

We were working on a project while waiting to get site licenses for Mocha Pro. Got our tracks done and mattes made while dealing with the 10-frame limitation while waiting for the full version. Once we got the licenses, we had to completely re-do everything we had created due to this stupid limitation.

You should probably work this out in a better way for future releases.

Thanks for the quick response, though we’ve already just recreated the work we had lost.
It’s my fault for not understanding the EULA, but the fact that LE projects cannot be opened by fully licensed seats of Mocha Pro should probably be highlighted in the splash screen or an additional prompt while using the software.

Let me put this another way, because I think I may have not answered your question as to why we limit LE mode in this way.
Imagine a site that has 25 licenses of mocha Pro running in LE mode, and one professional license of mocha Pro running. Imagine that all of the LE files from 25 different artists get re-saved and exported through the one license of mocha Pro and I think you can realize why it is not an arbitrary limitation on our part.
At Imagineer we do our best to provide high quality products and support. We even continue to develop point releases for mocha that include bug fixes and known issues and those are almost always delivered free of charge. We have to ensure that our software is solvent in order to support the ongoing development and improvement of our product line. If we allowed our LE mode, which we give away for free, to be able to be pathed through a single bought license we would compromise our ability to create the software at all.
In the future, you may want to discuss longer term temporary licenses with our sales team or encourage production to provide you with the software you need in a timelier manner.
I hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about that. I am happy to unlock your file for you. But you can also contact support for these types of situations. Please send your files to maryp@imagineersystems.com and I’ll see what I can do.
In the future, you may want to turn on your splash screen in mocha and make sure you can see when you’re running in LE mode, as that displays on the splash screen on startup.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about that. I am happy to unlock your file for you. But you can also contact support for these types of situations. Please send your files to maryp@imagineersystems.com and I’ll see what I can do.

In the future, you may want to turn on your splash screen in mocha and make sure you can see when you’re running in LE mode, as that displays on the splash screen on startup.

Cheers,
Mary

Let me put this another way, because I think I may have not answered your question as to why we limit LE mode in this way.

Imagine a site that has 25 licenses of mocha Pro running in LE mode, and one professional license of mocha Pro running. Imagine that all of the LE files from 25 different artists get re-saved and exported through the one license of mocha Pro and I think you can realize why it is not an arbitrary limitation on our part.

At Imagineer we do our best to provide high quality products and support. We even continue to develop point releases for mocha that include bug fixes and known issues and those are almost always delivered free of charge. We have to ensure that our software is solvent in order to support the ongoing development and improvement of our product line. If we allowed our LE mode, which we give away for free, to be able to be pathed through a single bought license we would compromise our ability to create the software at all.

In the future, you may want to discuss longer term temporary licenses with our sales team or encourage production to provide you with the software you need in a timelier manner.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Mary