Lens Correction database?

I’m working with some wide-angle footage where a lens calibration grid wasn’t shot. And Mocha Pro is having trouble extracting straight lines with the Lens module.
Is there a database for common cameras and lenses for de-warping?
I’m looking for numbers that Mocha Pro (and other apps) use to un-distort footage:
Values such as:
Radial Distortion 1
Radial Distorion 2
Distorion Center x/y
Anamorphic Squeeze
Asymmetric Distortion

If you have any other footage shot with the same lens you can use that as a calibration clip to apply to the shot you need. Just import a clip that has more lines you could use from the calibration clip drop down.

If you have any other footage shot with the same lens you can use that as a calibration clip to apply to the shot you need. Just import a clip that has more lines you could use from the calibration clip drop down.

Hi There,
If you know the brand and kind of lens that was used, you might be able to find that distortion on the manufacturer’s website.
Though that’s not how mocha calculates it’s distortion, the lens calculation is based on straight lines and how to correct them. We have some lens breakdowns in our lens solver documentation, here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/Documentation/Lens-Module
If you can’t find enough straights you can try scrolling through the shot until you see more straight lines, or you can google grid images based on the lens your scene was shot with. If you have other shots from the same camera but with more straight lines, you can use that shot to calibrate and apply the distortion in mocha to the shot that doesn’t have enough information.
Hope that helps!
Mary

Hi There,

If you know the brand and kind of lens that was used, you might be able to find that distortion on the manufacturer’s website.

Though that’s not how mocha calculates it’s distortion, the lens calculation is based on straight lines and how to correct them. We have some lens breakdowns in our lens solver documentation, here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/Documentation/Lens-Module

If you can’t find enough straights you can try scrolling through the shot until you see more straight lines, or you can google grid images based on the lens your scene was shot with. If you have other shots from the same camera but with more straight lines, you can use that shot to calibrate and apply the distortion in mocha to the shot that doesn’t have enough information.

Hope that helps!
Mary

I’m working with some wide-angle footage where a lens calibration grid wasn’t shot. And Mocha Pro is having trouble extracting straight lines with the Lens module.

Is there a database for common cameras and lenses for de-warping?

I’m looking for numbers that Mocha Pro (and other apps) use to un-distort footage:

Values such as:
Radial Distortion 1
Radial Distorion 2
Distorion Center x/y
Anamorphic Squeeze
Asymmetric Distortion

That does help a little.
I can tell you it was shot anamorphically with a 45mm prime lens on an Arri Alexa Studio at 2880x2160.

That does help a little.

I can tell you it was shot anamorphically with a 45mm prime lens on an Arri Alexa Studio at 2880x2160.