Lens distortion/ AE

Brought a shot into mocha pro shot with fish eye, lens module did great job of analyzing the distortion, I corner pinned and the warping matched perfectly, but when I export pin data back to AE it does not retain the warping to match the fish eye. How do I get the pin data with the warping to match the fish eye back in to AE
When I undistort an image in mocha I lose part of the picture around the edges where it has flattened it out, How do I flatten out and retain the entire image?

Hi there,

You’re going to want to actually render the insert out of mocha Pro and comp that with your distorted shot in AE, that’s the best workflow for using the lens module in Pro. The corner pin will not export rounded to AE.

But, it’s really simple to use the insert tool and you can render out the “corner pin” image you need right out of mocha Pro with motion blur right from the insert module.

Just follow these steps within your shot you’ve already solved the lens for:

1. Arrange your corner pin where you want it using the surface tool
  2. Import a new import clip or frame, using the import clip drop down menu
  3. Use the ROI menu to make sure your image is arranged how you want it to be in the surface
  4. Check the box next to motion blur, if you want to add that to your insert
  5. Render forward
  6. You will now have renders of the insert with alpha channels in your results folder or you can export the rendered clip to any format you like using the “export rendered clip” options in mocha’s menu.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Mary

Now, if you’re a tool writer you may be able to write a tool that will parse our XML data for nuke, but if you do, we’d love to know about it!

:smiley:
Mary

Now, if you’re a tool writer you may be able to write a tool that will parse our XML data for nuke, but if you do, we’d love to know about it!
:smiley:
Mary

Hi there,
You’re going to want to actually render the insert out of mocha Pro and comp that with your distorted shot in AE, that’s the best workflow for using the lens module in Pro. The corner pin will not export rounded to AE.
But, it’s really simple to use the insert tool and you can render out the “corner pin” image you need right out of mocha Pro with motion blur right from the insert module.
Just follow these steps within your shot you’ve already solved the lens for:

1. Arrange your corner pin where you want it using the surface tool
  2. Import a new import clip or frame, using the import clip drop down menu
  3. Use the ROI menu to make sure your image is arranged how you want it to be in the surface
  4. Check the box next to motion blur, if you want to add that to your insert
  5. Render forward
  6. You will now have renders of the insert with alpha channels in your results folder or you can export the rendered clip to any format you like using the “export rendered clip” options in mocha’s menu.
    Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions!
    Cheers,
    Mary

You can’t export to any compositor or editor currently and retain our lens warp.
You also can’t undistort the footage and build new edges, because there’s no data to pull from. There’s not a way to undistort the footage and not clip it somehow. Which is why we suggest warping the insert.
Hope that makes sense!
Cheers,
Mary

You can’t export to any compositor or editor currently and retain our lens warp.

You also can’t undistort the footage and build new edges, because there’s no data to pull from. There’s not a way to undistort the footage and not clip it somehow. Which is why we suggest warping the insert.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,
Mary

If you have mocha Pro, the most efficient way might be to render out the lens distorted insert and use that to finish your comp. There currently is no lens data export to AE.
Best,
Ross

If you have mocha Pro, the most efficient way might be to render out the lens distorted insert and use that to finish your comp. There currently is no lens data export to AE.

Best,
Ross

Brought a shot into mocha pro shot with fish eye, lens module did great job of analyzing the distortion, I corner pinned and the warping matched perfectly, but when I export pin data back to AE it does not retain the warping to match the fish eye. How do I get the pin data with the warping to match the fish eye back in to AE

When I undistort an image in mocha I lose part of the picture around the edges where it has flattened it out, How do I flatten out and retain the entire image?

Thanks ! I’ll try that out right away.
how bout this question

Thanks ! I’ll try that out right away.

how bout this question

Can I export out to NUKE and retain the warp information?

Can I export out to NUKE and retain the warp information?

Got it.
Thanks for the info and quick replies today.

Got it.

Thanks for the info and quick replies today.